Value of: Habs package

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
i dont see eichel in the same class as the other three . add to that a serious neck injury and no thanks
Assuming he starts the season healthy and puts up 90-100 points next season which is nearly 100% going to happen unless if he misses the first 10-15 games give or take you wouldn’t trade the 3 for him?

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Assuming he starts the season healthy and puts up 90-100 points next season which is nearly 100% going to happen unless if he misses the first 10-15 games give or take you wouldn’t trade the 3 for him?
Honestly I wouldn’t. Neck /back injuries are tricky and i round t take the chance. Beyond that you take care of the 1C position but create massive holes on the wing and D. Not to mention the cap implications of having another $10m+ cap hit on the team. Buffalo is a prime example of how you can’t just build around 1 or 2 guys. I’d keep the pieces Montreal has and build on that.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
no i'd let another team take that risk

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Since you’re obviously having a meltdown of fans of other teams chirping those 3 players; i’ll break it down.

Habs fans on these boards saying Caufield will score 50 goals while only 4 players have scored 50 in the past 10 years.

*Caufield is then scratched for game 1 of the playoffs*

Habs fans say on these boards Romanov will be a #1 D-man with ZERO flaws by next season.

*Romanov is then scratched for game one of the playoffs*

Habs fans are insistant that Kotkaniemi is a better player than Tkachuk

*Kotkaniemi is then scratched for game 1 of the playoffs*

If I could represent all Hab fans,

1. Caufield is likely not going to score 50 goals in a season

2. Romanov will not be a #1

3. Kotkaniemi may or may not end up better then Tkackuk when all is said and done.

Reactions: Leaves34

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016

3. Kotkaniemi may or may not end up better then Tkackuk when all is said and done.
I'm confident Caufield will be very good for us (hopefully will score 30+ goals per season for us), Romanov will be our new Emelin (but better), and Kotkaniemi will find his game next season. Too many great flashes for Kotkaniemi to not pan out.

I'm not sure I'd trade any of them, unless the ask was pretty stupid-ridiculous.

Reactions: montreal

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Does anyone really think any of those possibilities are likely? Sorry but I don't see any of those options or even close TBH. All three are nice prospects/young players & I would take them.......but NHL 50 goal scorer? #1D in the NHL? Better then either Tkackuk? Really? Honestly? Wow, that's some really lofty expectations by some.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Does anyone really think any of those possibilities are likely? Sorry but I don't see any of those options or even close TBH. All three are nice prospects/young players & I would take them.......but NHL 50 goal scorer? #1D in the NHL? Better then either Tkackuk? Really? Honestly? Wow, that's some really lofty expectations by some.

I think you need to re-read what he said.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
I think you need to re-read what he said.

Oh I read it, I'm agreeing with him.....just hard to believe anyone would actually think any of those options would be likely.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Oh I read it, I'm agreeing with him.....just hard to believe anyone would actually think any of those options would be likely.

My mistake then. But to answer your question - no, I don't really think there are very many fans who share those opinions.

A small, vocal, extreme minority? Perhaps.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
My mistake then. But to answer your question - no, I don't really think there are very many fans who share those opinions.

A small, vocal, extreme minority? Perhaps.

Good to hear

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
I'm confident Caufield will be very good for us (hopefully will score 30+ goals per season for us), Romanov will be our new Emelin (but better), and Kotkaniemi will find his game next season. Too many great flashes for Kotkaniemi to not pan out.

I'm not sure I'd trade any of them, unless the ask was pretty stupid-ridiculous.
upload_2021-5-19_22-44-50.jpeg

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
Well, "hopefully scoring" 30+ goals for an massively undersized pure goalscorer who broke records isn't much of a stretch lol. Emelin was a 4D for us, so Romanov being better than that isn't much of a stretch either. And Kotkaniemi to find his game isn't much of a stretch either. Not sure where the giddy optimism is at?

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

I actually can't say I've seen many call for Caufield to hit 50. 40 yes as he often gets comped to DeBrincat.

Romanov like Poehling the summer before got overhyped by Hab fans due to the WJC's. That said I think he should end up being a very solid NHLer but have had my questions about how much offensive upside he has.

KK though I do think he could end up better then Tkachuk or around that level, if he can get his skating, lower body strength improved enough over the next 2-3 years. It will also depend on who his wingers are as he's a playmaker that has a good shot but needs a good bit of work on it, needs to learn to get it off more quickly and to hit the net more.

Reactions: A Loyal Dog

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
I actually can't say I've seen many call for Caufield to hit 50. 40 yes as he often gets comped to DeBrincat.

Romanov like Poehling the summer before got overhyped by Hab fans due to the WJC's. That said I think he should end up being a very solid NHLer but have had my questions about how much offensive upside he has.

KK though I do think he could end up better then Tkachuk or around that level, if he can get his skating, lower body strength improved enough over the next 2-3 years. It will also depend on who his wingers are as he's a playmaker that has a good shot but needs a good bit of work on it, needs to learn to get it off more quickly and to hit the net more.
Romanov has all the tools to be the Habs version of Ekholm / Muzzin. A good #2 / #3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad