Speculation: Habs on Tradecentre (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
James Stephan ‏@J_Habs
LeBrun: #Habs Bergevin won't mortgage future for rentals, likely going to be a player they can keep long term 2+ years

James Stephan ‏@J_Habs
LeBrun: #Habs want to get bigger up front, think of Prust, same idea, top 9 player. Possible trade bait those 2nds and 3rds stockpiled

Discuss

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Good if true. If your going to trade picks and prospects I want players signed 2 or 3 more years after the trade

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Sounds good.

Seems like Clowe is a guy Bergevin will seriously look at. And don't forget about Bordeleau! :)

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Sounds good.

Seems like Clowe is a guy Bergevin will seriously look at. And don't forget about Bordeleau! :)

Clowe is UFA. If he wants him it's going to have to wait until July, I wouldn't trade assets for him with the risk of losing him in 3 months

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
We have a:

-1 1st round (ours)
-3 2nd round (Flames, Preds, ours)
-2 3rd round (ours and Dallas)
-1 of 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th.

Now, almost every year, you hear how deep the draft is going to be. They say this one being the best it's going to ever be for a while. MB doesn't want to trade the future for short term. Even though this could be a bluff, I trust this opinion, seems to go along with his mentality. So we'd have to be getting a player that either has a few years contract, or is willing to re-sign with us. Only this would make stockpiling picks worth it. Otherwise, you're just mortgaging the future.

It's possible... Don't know how much of those picks he'll be willing to trade. I hope it's for a pretty good player. If we stick with this opinion, then we surely are not getting Iginla.

JAVO16

Sep 21, 2008
Montréal
1253886001_office-no.gif

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
James Stephan ‏@J_Habs
LeBrun: #Habs Bergevin won't mortgage future for rentals, likely going to be a player they can keep long term 2+ years

James Stephan ‏@J_Habs
LeBrun: #Habs want to get bigger up front, think of Prust, same idea, top 9 player. Possible trade bait those 2nds and 3rds stockpiled

Discuss

I love how both of those tweets are directed at yarfangor.

Yozzy

Feb 19, 2012
Clowe is UFA. If he wants him it's going to have to wait until July, I wouldn't trade assets for him with the risk of losing him in 3 months

Yep, and it's too bad. I really hope we do go after him come July. I'd love to have him on the team.

The Gal Pals

Breaking Hab
Oct 28, 2006
Trade Gio for a big top 9. Get Bourque back. Replace Kabs for Tinordi. Ta da! Suddenly we're scary to play against.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
would love to have Clowe, you can buy super low on him too, he is playing poorly right now and is a ufa shouldn't have to give up much

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
Trade Gio for a big top 9. Get Bourque back. Replace Kabs for Tinordi. Ta da! Suddenly we're scary to play against.

Need a big physical forward who throws checks, sits in front of the net and drives the net like an animal?

Tough luck because we traded him for a soft perimeter player. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad