Speculation: Habs on Tradecentre Part 5 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Dreger reporting Streit will not sign an extension and will test the Free Agent market.

Islanders do not want to trade him though.

Stupid stupid stupid for Isles not to loan us Streit for 2 months. He can get them a second, and say, Ellis, for nothing, and they re-sign him next year. Bergy should make a true rental deal with Isles , the one where they get the player back.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Jagr doesn't scare me. The B's can get him if they want.

I know a lot of people here want him but i'm not on that bandwagon. I'd rather go with fresher legs

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Let's all REJOICE!

We dodged a bullet here

MAB to the Hurricanes.

Phew.

Their PP sucks as we saw last night, could be a decent fit.

Awesome!!

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 43s
Marc-Andre Bergeron has been dealt to Carolina.

C'mon, what in Bergevin's recent trading history would lead you to believe he would even consider getting a player like MAB

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Are you guys crazy? Streit? MAB? Soft as butter, positionally weak, and small mistake prone d-men are not who you acquire for a playoff run. May as well just keep a rookie if Diaz isn't coming back.

If anyone it will be a Brent Sopel / Paul Mara type strong vet stay at home dman. With Bourque coming back the Habs have 10 players who can play in top 9, so that depth is fine. The one question is now 4th line depth with Army possibly injured. There is White coming back, so do you roll with 4th of Moen-Halpern-White and then a AHLer as a sub (Blunden, Dumont) or go out and get a new vet 4th liner?

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
C'mon, what in Bergevin's recent trading history would lead you to believe he would even consider getting a player like MAB

I wasn't worried, but he did bring back 3 former Habs already.

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 1m
Boston, Montreal, Philly among the teams after Jagr

Don't really trust Pags though.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL

Jagr for a mid-prospect and that 3rd round pick Dallas gave us lol.

Laurent

Wat.
Apr 9, 2010
Montreal
Jagr for a mid-prospect and that 3rd round pick Dallas gave us lol.

Holland and our Third for Jagr :naughty:

W have way too much wingers though..

Patches, Gally // Gionta, Ryder // Bourque, Chuckie // Moen, Prust // Who sits down to give place for Jagr

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Streit to Mtl would be awsome.

Yes he would. Conference final good, or more. Give him back next year. Fine. A two month loan that would make us massively dangerous in the PO. Our second, not Calgary's or Nashville's, and Dietz, Weber.

Done. What have the Isles got lose, if he wants to come back? And they'll get nothing better if he does not want to come back anyway.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Jagr knows Ryder, Plekanec and Kaberle. Bring him in. It would not destroy the chemistry. And we could shelter Galchenyuk a little more.

Ryder - Plekanec - Ryder
Pac - DD - Gallagher
Bourque/Galchenyuk - Eller - Gionta
Prust - Halpern - Moen

Maybe Gainey would like to have Leblanc :)

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Are you guys crazy? Streit? MAB? Soft as butter, positionally weak, and small mistake prone d-men are not who you acquire for a playoff run. May as well just keep a rookie if Diaz isn't coming back.

If anyone it will be a Brent Sopel / Paul Mara type strong vet stay at home dman. With Bourque coming back the Habs have 10 players who can play in top 9, so that depth is fine. The one question is now 4th line depth with Army possibly injured. There is White coming back, so do you roll with 4th of Moen-Halpern-White and then a AHLer as a sub (Blunden, Dumont) or go out and get a new vet 4th liner?

As much as I like Streit...I'd rather a more physical dman.

Church

The last lion
Mar 26, 2010
Montreal, QC

There's no way Dallas let Jagr go for a decent price to MTL. Joe Nieuwendyk won't want to get screwed again by Bergevin lol

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Holland and our Third for Jagr :naughty:

W have way too much wingers though..

Patches, Gally // Gionta, Ryder // Bourque, Chuckie // Moen, Prust // Who sits down to give place for Jagr

I'd just find it hilarious giving back that 3rd we stole from Dallas for Jagr. Not that I want this trade to happen. Part of me drools over the sight of Jagr in a Habs jersey, while most of me doesn't see the purpose of having him here.

idk

Jan 11, 2012
Jagr knows Ryder, Plekanec and Kaberle. Bring him in. It would not destroy the chemistry. And we could shelter Galchenyuk a little more.

Ryder - Plekanec - Ryder
Pac - DD - Gallagher
Bourque/Galchenyuk - Eller - Gionta
Prust - Halpern - Moen

Maybe Gainey would like to have Leblanc :)

I know Ryder's been good since coming back, but do you really think we should consider investing the time money and effort into creating a full grown and trained clone of him to play on Plekanec's other wing?

cjbhab*

Boston's going to be offering 1st + Prospect, I'll tell you that right now.. for Jagr that is.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
get Jagr.

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Jagr-Plekanec-Gionta
Galchenyuk-Eller-Ryder
Prust-Halpern-Moen
White-Armstrong

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I know Ryder's been good since coming back, but do you really think we should consider investing the time money and effort into creating a full grown and trained clone of him to play on Plekanec's other wing?

That's just a test. If it works then we can clone PK, Gally, Chukie & Prust. But we should start with Ryder seeing as so many Habs fans don't really like him so if the tests go wrong no one will mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad