Speculation: Habs on Tradecentre Part 4 (Who do you want at the deadline/in free agency?) ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Message to Mod:

Trade deadline frenzy comes only one time a year. It's so much fun to hear rumor and to speculate on it. Please, let us use credible and "non-credible" rumor. It's a fun time of the year.

LucaGTI

Sep 28, 2012
Montreal
im very interested in seeing whether that Leblanc + a 2nd rumor is gonna happen. thats definitely something thats plausible, and it would help the Habs to get Clowe in the lineup. Come on MB doooo itttt

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Clowe has been awful, is injured, slow, and a rental. He's being overvalued immensely. At this point he's a bottom 6 guy who can chip in offensively and scrap.

All I said was that Iginla's return would have no bearing on Clowe's, though I didn't realize (as Marc pointed out) that Clowe has a full NTC, which could change things.

Anyway all I'll say in response is that you just have to look at past deadlines to find players who shouldn't have gotten the returns they did. Who thought we'd get a 2nd and a decent prospect for Hal Gill? Who saw Gaustad getting a 1st?

All it takes is one GM who desperately wants to fill a need, and boom...there's your overpayment.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
All I said was that Iginla's return would have no bearing on Clowe's, though I didn't realize (as Marc pointed out) that Clowe has a full NTC, which could change things.

Anyway all I'll say in response is that you just have to look at past deadlines to find players who shouldn't have gotten the returns they did. Who thought we'd get a 2nd and a decent prospect for Hal Gill? Who saw Gaustad getting a 1st?

All it takes is one GM who desperately wants to fill a need, and boom...there's your overpayment.

I really don't want bergevin to be that desperate guy

seriously someone WILL give them a 1st and a youngster, so let's not even bother he's not worth wasting our time

Leblanc + Nashville 2rd pick vs Clowe

I'll do it. No doubt.

they won't

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Message to Mod:

Trade deadline frenzy comes only one time a year. It's so much fun to hear rumor and to speculate on it. Please, let us use credible and "non-credible" rumor. It's a fun time of the year.

Unfortunately us lowly mods don't make the rules :)

Well except maybe Crim.

Yeah, talk to him ;)

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007

I'll do it. No doubt.

If we sign Clowe to an extension after this year I'd definitely do it, with Gallagher's emergence and Collberg/Kristo there isn't really much room for Leblanc anymore in our system.

He's had an off-year offensively but Clowe brings tons of intangibles that this team needs.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

seriously someone WILL give them a 1st and a youngster, so let's not even bother he's not worth wasting our time

I don't doubt it either. Even if he's not scoring goals, Clowe has the kind of skill set that GMs fall in love with.

LARGECAT DAMPHOUSSE

May 10, 2012
Message to Mod:

Agree.

Mods, you don't actually take this board seriously, do you?

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
If we sign Clowe to an extension after this year I'd definitely do it, with Gallagher's emergence and Collberg/Kristo there isn't really much room for Leblanc anymore in our system.

He's had an off-year offensively but Clowe brings tons of intangibles that this team needs.

Dumb penalties, perimeter play, laksidasical approach to gameplay etc?

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Saw your thread and thought I would respond, hopefully you guys don't mind.

they won't

In a vacuum, we would seriously consider it. Have a feeling Bruins will counter with Koko though. Either way, it's a good offer.

Conditional pick is probably what ends up happening again.

Example:

Clowe for Leblanc + conditional 1st (1st if he re-signs, 2nd if he doesnt) like we did with Murray.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

I'll do it. No doubt.

Wouldn't be horrible especially...

A-if Clow goes back to being a 50 point calibre guy here
B-we can sign him before July 1st at a reasonable price(3 years 12.5-13 mil or therebouts)

That being said I would prefer trading Weber or another "B" prospect other than LeBlanc. I think he is better than he's shown this year and will bounce back next year. Yes he isn't indispensable for us, but I think he has more value than somebody else who we may be able to move(Pateryn? Quailer?).

FXBrassard

Oct 28, 2011
We're not giving a first rounder for a guy who has 0 goal this year.

I'd be fine with Leblanc + our 2nd.

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
Wouldn't be horrible especially...

A-if Clow goes back to being a 50 point calibre guy here
B-we can sign him before July 1st at a reasonable price(3 years 12.5-13 mil or therebouts)

That being said I would prefer trading Weber or another "B" prospect other than LeBlanc. I think he is better than he's shown this year and will bounce back next year. Yes he isn't indispensable for us, but I think he has more value than somebody else who we may be able to move(Pateryn? Quailer?).

You would sign Clowe for 3 years at 13 million but not at 2 years/6.5 million?

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=61216833&postcount=460

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=61215815&postcount=457

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Why do you even bother going over there to post? Maybe 5-10% of them could actually have a conversation with you without retorting to childish antics (y u so mad is quite childish)

Anyways, I hope the habs don't make any trades regarding our youth. We are missing a few more pieces that can really make us a contender. Unless management is giving up on a player like Leblanc, he may well turn around and be our shutdown C that can score. Who knows at this point after an injury plagued year.

Clowe is not the answer, especially if we have to give up considerable assets. I would much rather see what our first 3 picks turn out to be, than have Clowe for 20 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad