Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Wings but Slaf earn 250k thanks to Hutson

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Watching Hutson for the past 2 games along with Mailloux tonight made these last 2 game so much fun to watch to end this season, which just flew by

Lots of positives this season with the progression from the young Habs. Thanks for the great season everyone. Fun and exciting times ahead.
While our record is basically the same as last season, there was definitely more hope this season. We have a top line now, Newhook showed a lot of promise as a good secondary scorer, we're loaded with young defenseman, our goaltending situation is stable. If we can get Dach back at 100%, trade for a top 6 forward and nail our draft pick, then I'm feeling pretty good for next season.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
5 or 6 I don't care. This season was an absolute success.
This rebuild looks very promising. So many question marks from last year were answered this year and the answers have been mostly positive. Sure there's still some crap to clear out from the Bergevin era but this core already looks competitive and we're not even done building it.

I would like to see us making a push for the playoffs next year, unfortunately the Atlantic is a bloodbath right now with four good teams refusing to decline and four young teams looking to exit the rebuild phase. But this team is no longer going to exist just to be ragdolled by better, more experienced teams.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Need help. Dunno where to ask this but I'm blanking and it's bothering so much. What's the expression of a team that has your number/ that always beat you up.
Thought it started with a "dark or black something" .. not dark horse nor black sheep.

Example, the Carolina Huricanes are the Canadiens _____________

Thanks in advance
Try "Nemesis".

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
That was a crazy season. Never seen so many ots. We have to get better at protecting leads.
No real defensive line this year. Should be the last thing they put together before competing. Defensive players are relatively affordable and available.

RandR

May 15, 2011
For a team that ended their season 5th or 6th worst overall, we couldn’t ask for a more entertaining end to a long season. Credit to the Wings and their star players for never giving up in these last 2 games and getting them both to exciting overtimes.

And with Slavkovsky getting his 20th goal and 50th point off a shot by Hutson, we couldn’t ask for a much more fitting final goal of the season for the Habs as a signpost for what we can look forward in the upcoming seasons.

Nice also to see Newhouse get his 15th, his line with Gallagher (nice to see him play the whole season without injury in spite of his never-ending fearlessness) and Armia provided some secondary scoring.

Great start for both Hutson and Mailloux, and I love how they both got ice time at the end and in the overtime of tight games. That is a great experience for them, and both handled it well.

Even if Dach is healthy next year I think this team is still far from being a contender next year. However, compared to last season, this year ends with the pieces starting to be there for the Habs to be playoff contenders down the road. In particular, they had a real first line this year and none of Suzuki, Slavkovsky nor Caufield are at their prime yet.

Overall, lots of reason to be optimistic about the future and direction of this team.

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
There is a lot to like with this team.
More youth next year and hopefully a full year of Monty/Primeau to better gauge what we can get from them.

And please, stay healthy(ier) next season.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Cringe intermission moment last night was when Arbon Basu ( steve erkul/peter sellers clone) talked about Maillioux's progression since the Switzerland incident and the look his co-host had( like she wanted to rip his balls off).😂

• Haha
Reactions: OldCraig71

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Cringe intermission moment last night was when Arbon Basu ( steve erkul/peter sellers clone) talked about Maillioux's progression since the Switzerland incident and the look his co-host had( like she wanted to rip his balls off).😂
That’s f***ing gold!

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So, the lottery draft is when guys?? Friday night before the playoffs start??

From a rando on Twitter:

“NHL Draft lottery is not official yet, but last season it was May 8. I believe it would generally be after the first round of the playoffs are over. Playoffs start April 20 this season, last season they started April 17.”

Reactions: BLONG7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad