Post-Game Talk: Habs lose big to the other Florida team

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We do need more division games. The league needs to dump the two games versus the other conference opponents schedule. Does anyone really care that Arizona, Dallas and Nashville are guaranteed to play in Montreal once per season?
Nice to see McDavid, Bedard, etc...

Maybe less in conference games for more in division games?

Reactions: StCaufield

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
It is impossible to imagine a scenario where a guy like Guhle on Tampa (Sergachev for ex.) gets boarded face first into the glass like that, and they don't respond brutally by going after the guy all game.

Too many times to be a fluke, this team lacks the willingness to stick up for eachother needed.
it's becoming a pattern with Marty,if you "dirty"hit one of our players,no worries we'll just yap at you,Marty's got there balls tucked nicely.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just saw the replay of the Kucherov hit on Guhle.

How is that not a major and a game miscondut?? Guhle did turn away, he was just making a play and Kucherov hit him from behind right on the numbers.
You’re not alone in that.

No pushback from teammates. Not saying that they should have done something as extreme as trying to take Kucherov out (like the tweet below suggests), but do something to stick up for your teammate.

• Haha
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
We do need more division games. The league needs to dump the two games versus the other conference opponents schedule. Does anyone really care that Arizona, Dallas and Nashville are guaranteed to play in Montreal once per season?
Bettman cares, every teams sell more tickets when Habs/Leafs/Rangers plays them.

it's becoming a pattern with Marty,if you "dirty"hit one of our players,no worries we'll just yap at you,Marty's got there balls tucked nicely.

Slaf was saying a few days ago that it was the coaches who told him to work on being more physical and defending himself more. So the idea that Marty doesn't want them to be is pure BS.

Anderson wasn't defending his teammates anymore under Ducharme and Julien. He's totally checked out right now thought, he doesn't even hit.

What the Panthers and Lightning are doing is baiting and it's working. Habs tooks crazy amount of punitions both games.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Good loss. Loved the 5v5 performance. This is what matter.

Fantastic game , picture perfect tank loss , could have done without the two Armia goals but we take what we can get
I dunno man, those Armia goals could be valuable at the next TDL. If he plays like this next season he’s a perfect depth guy on a contender.

Reactions: Rozz

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Nice to see McDavid, Bedard, etc...

Maybe less in conference games for more in division games?
I would rather see more games vs. Boston, Toronto, Detroit, etc than one extra game with McDavid. I am sure Rangers and Devils fans would rather see more games against each other than Bedard just once.

A format of 6 games against division opponents, 3 games against intra-conference opponents, and 1 game against inter-conference opponents results in an 82 game season. With the increase in the number of teams, trying to maintain at least two games against all opponents just doesn't work anymore, IMO.

Reactions: 26Mats

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
TSN 1200 giving props to the Habs for "still battling", despite losing.

1000002526.jpg

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Good loss. Loved the 5v5 performance. This is what matter.

I dunno man, those Armia goals could be valuable at the next TDL. If he plays like this next season he’s a perfect depth guy on a contender.
Or instead of literally trading everybody that’s playing well we could create a winning culture instead of an indefinite rebuild. The rebuild is pretty much over. Now we need the young kids from the A and on the big club to develop. Draft some forwards that have a scoring touch this year and pray. The table is set. Maybe sign a scorer and then let the D develop. Trading Armia for a 100000000th pick doesn’t mean shit

Last edited:

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Or instead of literally trading everybody that’s playing well we could create a winning culture instead of an indefinite rebuild. The rebuild is pretty much over. Now we need the young kids from the A and on the big club to develop. Draft some forwards that have a scoring touch this year and pray. The table is set. Maybe sign a scorer and then let the D develop. Trading Armia for a 100000000th pick doesn’t mean shit
Armia could very well go back to sleep next season. If someone offers fair value for what he has done since his recall take it and run. Eliminate the risk.

Reactions: Sam de Mtl

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Armia could very well go back to sleep next season. If someone offers fair value for what he has done since his recall take it and run. Eliminate the risk.
He’ll always be a great penalty killer. More of the line I was thinking. I don’t expect him to score 20 next year

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Meh, to be honest, I don't know if I could go back to the same teams every other game like when I was a kid, I really like seeing the best players from every team play my team . The Covid bubble got boring real quick, for me at least.

Reactions: Paddy17

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I would rather see more games vs. Boston, Toronto, Detroit, etc than one extra game with McDavid. I am sure Rangers and Devils fans would rather see more games against each other than Bedard just once.

A format of 6 games against division opponents, 3 games against intra-conference opponents, and 1 game against inter-conference opponents results in an 82 game season. With the increase in the number of teams, trying to maintain at least two games against all opponents just doesn't work anymore, IMO.
what do we have now?

2 against every team in the league, for 62 games. That leaves 20 for intravenous divisional. So 3 additional games against 6 of in division teams, for 4 total, and then only 3 against one divisional opponent?

Yeah I suppose your format makes more sense - at least to non season ticket holders.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Just saw the replay of the Kucherov hit on Guhle.

How is that not a major and a game miscondut?? Guhle did turn away, he was just making a play and Kucherov hit him from behind right on the numbers.
They’ll need a guy who can fight and has a mean edge for next year; a lot of younger (vulnerable) players on that team.

Some posters really need to makeup their minds, can’t have a team get a 6OA pick & play like a contender at the same time
Not a single fan has any agency over that (maybe the delusional ones). They can choose to enjoy watching or not, or watch at all.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
you just described every player in the nhl

He’ll always be a great penalty killer. More of the line I was thinking. I don’t expect him to score 20 next year
Armia should be on pp1 right now, send the slackers to block pucks on the pk

Reactions: StCaufield

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I don't think i'd say they lost big given it was 6-4 before an empty netter. Now Ottawa lost big to the Panthers 6-0

Habs, like too often this year, forgot you need to play defense also.

Reactions: Rozz

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
They’ll need a guy who can fight and has a mean edge for next year; a lot of younger (vulnerable) players on that team.

Not a single fan has any agency over that (maybe the delusional ones). They can choose to enjoy watching or not, or watch at all.
Arber Xhekaj?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Anyone else watch Matheson and see the screw about to happen like 5 seconds earlier?
Both he and Caufield can be so frustrating to watch at times.
We kept setting up plays to free up Matheson's shot and he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
Then whenever he does have to handle the puck eventually he will make a wrong decision.
What makes it worse is usually the right decision is in plain view for all to see.
It's a real problem having two players on that right side who are prone to making bad decisions.

Reactions: Apoplectic Habs Fan

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Bettman cares, every teams sell more tickets when Habs/Leafs/Rangers plays them.

Slaf was saying a few days ago that it was the coaches who told him to work on being more physical and defending himself more. So the idea that Marty doesn't want them to be is pure BS.

Anderson wasn't defending his teammates anymore under Ducharme and Julien. He's totally checked out right now thought, he doesn't even hit.

What the Panthers and Lightning are doing is baiting and it's working. Habs tooks crazy amount of punitions both games.
Telling Slaf to be more physical is completely different than a defender sending a message,if you think Marty hasn't told Arber to tone it down well thats your opinion.I don't expect anyone to play like that clown (Rempe) in New York but having your players possibly injured from dirty hits is where you draw the red line

Reactions: Habano

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
A few of the goals allowed tonight can’t beat an NHL goalie under any circumstance. I like Primeau but if he wants to have any longevity to his NHL career, he has to clean up some of those holes.
Primeau didn’t help the cause by letting in a couple of malodorous goals. But as I noted in the pre-game thread, we have to temper our expectations re: Primeau current level of play and upside as he generally plays against weaker opposition. And as we all saw last night, Tampa is no weak sister.

A bigger problem last night was the loss of Guhle early in the game. That loss undermined the team’s greatest strength: the mobility of our defence. We never recovered from that disruption as we scrambled ( unsuccessfully) to reconstitute our defensive pairings.

That significant loss, some shaky goaltending and a forward group that has two AHL level forward lines meant an almost certain loss.

Reactions: Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad