Line Combos: Habs lineup 20-21 season

Loner

Dec 29, 2008
Montreal
Based on the current team and prospects, what's your lineup for the 2021-2022 season? No players from trade allowed, player can leave and you can assume the development was perfect for a prospect while keeping it somewhat realistic (Waked becoming the new Crosby).

Drouin - Kotkaniemi - Gallagher
Domi - Suzuki - Caufield
Poehling - Danault - Armia
Lehkonen - Olofsson - McCarron

Romanov - Weber
Chiarot - Brook
Mete - Fleury

Price
Primeau

- After a great rookie season, Caufield is ready for the second line.
- With 3-4 years of experiences Kotkaniemi, Suzuki and Poehling and now the players they need to be.
- Poehling coul develop offensively but there's not much room left in the top 6.
- Gallagher is still the drive of the team.
- Armia is still there because his skillset is still unique in the team.
- Lehkonen with his strong 2-way play is also on the team. He didn't develop fully but at 25-35 points he's useful to the team.
- I could see Weber and Price traded but I'm not sure they could be replaced easily with the current prospect, at least we could have a Primeau/McNiven duo.
- Olofsson is the rookie.
- McCarron is my fantasy, always want that guy to succeed.
- Romanov had a fantastic rookie season.
- Mete is perfect on the bottom pairing with his speed, offense didn't develop much.

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
McCarron will never be a regular IMO
Suzuki, right now, seems to be headed for the #1 job. Time will tell and KK should bounce back, at least a little.

Can’t wait to see Caufield in the NHL. Hoping for Naslund 2.0; although Caufield is more of a shooter and Naslund was more of a passer.

Loner

Dec 29, 2008
Montreal
McCarron will never be a regular IMO
Suzuki, right now, seems to be headed for the #1 job.

Can’t wait to see Caufield in the NHL. Hoping for Naslund 2.0; although Caufield is more of a shooter and Naslund was more of a passer.

I know that McCarron will never be a regular, but this is fantasy, but it's not that far fetched to think that with his size and a little bit more speed he could be useful on the fourth line.

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Hoping Juulsen, Ylonen and Evans might be getting some NHL minutes by that time

Loner

Dec 29, 2008
Montreal
Hoping Juulsen, Ylonen and Evans might be getting some NHL minutes by that time

I thought about Ylonen and Evans on the fourth line. I think Ylonen has the chance to make it. Not sure what to think of Juulsen, he should take the spot of Fleury or Brooks?

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher

Domi - Kotkaniemi - Caufield

Drouin - Suzuki - Armia

Byron - Poehling - Lehkonen

Chariot - Weber
Mete - Petry
Romanov - Fleury

Price

Really exciting lineup
The top line is just too good to be seperated.
The players in the 2nd and 3rd line are exchangeable, just a matter of finding chemistry
Our 4th line should give us some good offense

All of our defensemen play a physical game except for Mete, that should give some headaches to opposing forwards

Edit: thought it was for 2020-2021

For 2021-2022:
-Just replace Byron and Lehkonen with Evans and Ylonen.
-If Poehling is better than Armia, then have play wing in the top 9, and have Armia on the 4th line, with Evans centering him.
-If Kotkaniemi and Suzuki break out, Danault probably slides to the 3rd line.
-Chariot will have 1 year left, so he should still be in the lineup.
-Hard to tell if Petry will be re-signed or not, it would probably depend on whether 1 of Brook/Fleury/Juulsen show they are able to handle the big minutes that Petry was playing in the 2nd pairing.

So something like
Domi - Kotkaniemi - Caufield
Poehling - Suzuki - Drouin
Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Ylonen - Evans - Armia

Mete - Weber
Romanov - Brook
Chariot - Fleury

Price
Primeau

Last edited:
Reactions: Loner

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Upfront we roll four lines.

Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Domi-Armia
Poehling-Suzuki-Caufield
Lehkonen-KK-Yolo

Chiarot-Weber
Romanov-Petry
Mete-Fleury

It would be actually amazing if someone could pull this out, 4 lines playing the same amount of minutes and just steamrolling everyone out there...

The problem is that it will be tough to assemble 4 lines that are good enough to face top competition...

Loner

Dec 29, 2008
Montreal
It would be actually amazing if someone could pull this out, 4 lines playing the same amount of minutes and just steamrolling everyone out there...

The problem is that it will be tough to assemble 4 lines that are good enough to face top competition...

I'll surprised if Petry or Tatar are still in the lineup in 2 years. Tatar, Danault and Gallagher needs to be re-signed at the same time before 21-22, it could be a very expensive (second) line

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I'll surprised if Petry or Tatar are still in the lineup in 2 years. Tatar, Danault and Gallagher needs to be re-signed at the same time before 21-22, it could be a very expensive (second) line
The way this team is built it could actually be an advantage...

I don't want to say Bergevin is a genius but, if we could sign Domi for 6 more years at something around 6M$ it would be a damn bargain as the majority of the contracts on this team if you actually take the time to check them...

No shit Molson keeps this guy around...

Apart from that Alzner debacle, he's been on point.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
I just want to see for now:

Tatar Danault Gally
Domi Suzuki Armia
Poehling KK Drouin
Byron Thompson Weal

Chiarot Weber
Mete Petry
Kulak Fleary

eventually Caufield, Romanov, Norlinder, Brook and Harris slide nicely into the lineup when ready.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I just want to see for now:

Tatar Danault Gally
Domi Suzuki Armia
Poehling KK Drouin
Byron Thompson Weal

Chiarot Weber
Mete Petry
Kulak Fleary

eventually Caufield, Romanov, Norlinder, Brook and Harris slide nicely into the lineup when ready.

Where's Lehkonen?

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
An $18-$19M second line is ok if there are ELCs or cheap bridge contracts on the first line.

Reactions: Loner

TrapGod Jr

Apr 22, 2017
I kept in mind that we have Bargainbin therefore i try to make realistic trades or signatures. My choices of players but with some of his type of moves. Here we go.

Trade ; (MTL)Drouin +1st ’21+2nd ’20 + Poehling for Couturier +Aubé Kubel(PHI)
(MTL) Byron+4th rnd pick for Carrier +5th rnd pick (LVG)

Sign: Brossoit 1.750M(2years) Domi 5M(3years) Kovy 850k (1yr) Borowiecki 1.2M(2yrs)

Tatar- *Couturier -Gallagher
Domi-Suzuki-Kovy
Aubé-Kubel-Danault-Armia
Lehkonen-Evans-Carrier

Chiarot-Weber
Borowiecki-Petry
Romanov-Fleury

Price
Brossoit

Laval: Blandisi-Dauphin-Alain
Ylonen-Kk-Belzile
Veilleux-Vejdemo-Teasdale
Jevpalovs-Lynch-Luccini

Mete-Juulsen
Olofsson-Brook
Leskinen-Lamarche

Primeau
McNiven

Last edited:

TrapGod Jr

Apr 22, 2017
I agree that philly doesnt need to do this move especially with Patrick taking time to develop, but I think its fair.

if you have any suggestions id like to know them!

Jerryvvv

Apr 4, 2020
(MTL)Drouin +1st ’21+2nd ’20 + Poehling for Couturier +Aubé Kubel(PHI)

PHI laughs at you, no reason for them to do this, they are already a playoff team and don't need picks

(MTL) Byron+4th rnd pick for Carrier +5th rnd pick (LVG)

Meh, doesn't really improve anything

Sign: Halak 1.5M (2years) Domi 4.2M (3years) Kovy 850k (1yr) Borowiecki 1.2M(2yrs)

zero chance Halak wants to play in montreal and behind Price,
why would he want to come back here, when he knows he will only play 20 games?
why would he want to go from a top 5 team where he gets ice time, to a bottom team as 100% backup?

Domi laughs at you

Kovy ain't coming back

you might get Borowiecki if he doesn't have better options,

overall = FAIL

TrapGod Jr

Apr 22, 2017
Lol talk about being optimistic ... how much you think Domi will sign for? You seem to know what these players want lol what are your sources?

PP Subban

Nov 9, 2006
Tatar-Danault-Gallagher
Drouin-Domi-Lehkonen
Kovalchuk-Suzuki-Armia
Byron-Evans-Weal
Hudon

Chiarot-Weber
Kulak-Petry
Mete-Fleury
Leskinen

Price
Lindgren

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
@TrapGod Jr

Mete is waiver eligible and he won't clear. Juulsen might clear due to injury uncertainty. You are also missing 3 players on your NHL team to make it 23. Although, there is Kulak missing anywhere so I guess he is your extra D.

Regarding Domi, considering Karlsson signed for 5.9 millions, RNH for 6 millions, Nelson for 6 millions... I don't see him signing under 6 millions and would be very surprised at 5.

What we need on LD is not a Borowiecki, it's a Krug or a Brodie.

Reactions: TrapGod Jr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad