GDT: Habs @ Leafs - Special Teams Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
With half the Habs “out for season” and leafs cemented in 2nd with home ice, there is nothing to play for except settling your lines and getting your special teams a bump against a bottom 6 team in the league in those areas.

Simmonds has been called up, Woll is back on the Marlies.

It will be interesting to see what happens today with Murray.
- Is he ok to play?
- Is this just cap and emergency call up management?
- Does Murray get put on IR today and Woll called back up?

Keefe, get your top lines in order
Does he rest guys?
Rest for Tavares? Or do you keep him in to work on the PP
Expect to see Gustafsson and Timmins back in or have another look at your expected starting D?

Maybe Simmonds last game as a Leaf.

Last edited:

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Did we clinch home ice against Tampa? How pointless is this game?

Yep we did and it is useless, unless we are playing for home ice in the 3rd round, there is an off chance if Boston get eliminated we could, in the Eastern conference championship have home ice advantage, if we win all our remaining games and NJ, NTR and Car do us a favor and lose.

Reactions: mcleex

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Jarnkrok-Matthews-Marner
Bunting-ROR-Nylander
Zar-Kampf-Accari
Simmonds-Lafferty-Kerfoot

McCabe-Holl
Brodie-Liljgren
Gustafsson-Timmins

Lean on ROR line more than AM, with a steady dose of the bottom 6 too,
RHD auditions.

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
I would rather ice a team comprised entirely of Marlies and Growlers, followed closely by simply forfeiting the game rather than play this.

Watching the injuries on Tampa leaves no appetite to play these remaining games. I don't care if we win or lose, I just want to get out of it with no injuries.

I'm looking forward to the Minnesota NCAA final game today more than I am this one.

Enniskillen

Jan 16, 2021
Why would anyone want to play this miserable habs team? Four lines of cloned Simmonds would be great and put Kallgren in the net. Their mindless energy easter bunnies like pezzetta and jackey arby will run round like headless chickens trying to injure the Leafs. Cause that’s the only win they hoping for.

Reactions: Gilmour1996

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
They may not have the cap space to sit everyone but it’d be nice if Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Brodie, Gio, McCabe and Samsonov could sit the remainder of the schedule after tonight. ROR also sits against Tampa. Woll plays 1, Murray plays the others.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
They may not have the cap space to sit everyone but it’d be nice if Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Brodie, Gio, McCabe and Samsonov could sit the remainder of the schedule after tonight. ROR also sits against Tampa. Woll plays 1, Murray plays the others.

Have to stay under the cap. We'll have 3 extra dmen and one extra forward to throw in. I'd give McCabe and Brodie the night off after a heavy workload against Boston.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I would rather ice a team comprised entirely of Marlies and Growlers, followed closely by simply forfeiting the game rather than play this.

Watching the injuries on Tampa leaves no appetite to play these remaining games. I don't care if we win or lose, I just want to get out of it with no injuries.

I'm looking forward to the Minnesota NCAA final game today more than I am this one.

Cap issues won’t let that happen. Keefe also just needs to reduce the stars minutes. Play Abruzzezse, ROR lots. I agree with you we can’t afford injuries.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Is Michigan in it?

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Will Nylander be back tonight?
I saw his stick trying to defend Carlo on the game tying goal at Boston, but I’m not sure if he was using it, or someone borrowed it.

Last edited:

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
What? Woll got sent down? Who's backing up? Whos playing? What an odd decision.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Will Nylander be back tonight?
1680966340489.gif

Nylander atm

• Haha
Reactions: glue and ACC1224
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad