Speculation: Habs Interested in Colin White

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Maybe as someone to come replace Dvorak? White is not a bad player and still young.

I just saw the Sens bought him out. Interesting move. I didn't realize he had fallen out of favour so much, but then I saw his f***ing horrific contract lmao. What a mess.

Reactions: DailyKaizen

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Maybe as someone to come replace Dvorak? White is not a bad player and still young.

I just saw the Sens bought him out. Interesting move. I didn't realize he had fallen out of favour so much, but then I saw his f***ing horrific contract lmao. What a mess.

A contract Hughes was able to get for him. 😉

My plan:

1) draft Wright
2) send him back to Junior for a year
3) sign White
4) go with Suzuki - Dvorak - White - Evans center line next year.
5) draft high next year.
6) when Wright is ready to turn pro, trade one of Dvorak or White to make room for him.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Only makes sense if we’re trading a center. Suzuki, Wright,Dvo,Evans,Poehling and add White. That’s a lot down the middle.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So Sens bought him out? We already have too many forwards with the addition of Dadonov. No idea where he would fit. He kind of sucks too.

Yes. Sens placed him on unconditional waivers today for purpose of a buyout.

A stop gap if Habs bring him in. We know Habs won't keep everyone. So while Dadonov and potentially White come in, there will be one or two who will be shipped out.

And then more will next TDL.

Reactions: L4br3cqu3

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Doesnt surprise me. Apparently they were close to a deal at the deadline. Im just curious what the package ottawa would have got from mtl. Clearly the buyout was more appealing then the player or players going back the other way

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Not opposed to having Wright sent down to OHL on a stacked team and play 2 more WJC (august and December) and make a deep playoff run and memorial cup.

White fills the 3C/4C for now. Hopefully allow Dvorak to pick up his play and value, making him more tradeable.

Next year, get bother high pick and if we don’t get Bedard, go for Fantilli, a big Uber talented winger.

Nowwww were talking with Suzuki, Caufield, Wright and Fantilli all in our top 6

Reactions: Adam Michaels

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I'm in. Regardless of who we draft, I'd send them back down for a year anyways. Why keep a kid around to get little ice time in a losing environment ?

White could try and turn things around and show he can be a middle-six forward for us.

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I'm in. Regardless of who we draft, I'd send them back down for a year anyways. Why keep a kid around to get little ice time in a losing environment ?

White could try and turn things around and show he can be a middle-six forward for us.

That depends largely on how Wright could play in camp and through the 9 games they would almost surely give him if he plays well in camp. I think the most prudent thing is obviously sending him down to the OHL, that said there’s a case could be made that Wright’s complacency last season could come from the fact he torched the league as 15-16yr old and missed a year. He may have already been mentally in the NHL.

Sometimes players need a challenge to take the next step, it’s not one size fits all. So we’ll see how things shake out.

Same logic could be applied albeit to a lesser extent with Slafkovsky. Cooley is already committed to the NCAA so he’s not playing with us next year for sure.

As for it being a losing environment, I mean that doesn’t necessarily translate into anything. The Pens were garbage when Crosby entered the league, Caps with Ovie, TB was not great with Stamkos at first. I think if you have the right leadership group and coaching staff you can make it work. I think any of the young guys we draft will gravitate to Suzuki and Caufield, who seem like very nice young men and have their shit together so they’ll be in good there. St-Louis literally lived through bringing Stamkos into this league, so you couldn’t ask for a better coach/mentor on that level. Factor in Lecavalier as well as a previous first pick?

They’ll make the right decision, whatever it may be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad