Proposal: Habs - Devils trade

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
All of those don't inquire on the value of Xhekaj. Its posters saying that they don't want to trade Xhekaj because he has a unique skillset that the Habs need.
The Habs posters know no one will offer a 10OA for him as of today. Its you that is interpreting it that way because of your agenda. Which is really kinda sad.

Why are you so bitter?
Nice mental gymnastics on this one.

Did you poll these people or do you simply read minds?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Nice mental gymnastics on this one.

Did you poll these people or do you simply read minds?
Nope, i read their posts and didn't make assumptions like you in order to fit an agenda.

The audacity of Habs fans for wanting to hold onto Xhekaj, a player with a unique skillset, to see what he will become...

Reactions: viceroy

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
This is where i disagree with you. Your perception is the Xhekaj is only a goon and nothing else. I am telling you he can play hockey, has skills, and will be a solid bottom pairing D next season with potential to be a 2nd pairing D in the future.

If you go by stats alone, the entire Habs D-corps (including Guhle) did not reflect well on paper. It is a really young D-corps. They will improve over time. Xhekaj has potential to be a solid NHL player and a core member of the Habs.
I get all that. But NJ doesn’t need a third pair guy with potential. They need a defense first second pair guy who is at that level right now.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Nope, i read their posts and didn't make assumptions like you in order to fit an agenda.

The audacity of Habs fans for wanting to hold onto Xhekaj, a player with a unique skillset, to see what he will become...
for 10th overall it's somewhat peculiar.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
1. No one is offering a 10OA for Xhekaj
2. Xhekaj is not worth a 10OA.
3. Habs fans are excited to see what Xhekaj will become due to his unique skillset
your raging over me having an "agenda" yet your literally putting words into other Habs fans mouth to fit your own.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
your raging over me having an "agenda" yet your literally putting words into other Habs fans mouth to fit your own.
Whatever floats your boat dude. Keep being you. Keep on hating.

Hopefully you find an answer to your Rempe PTSD. Xhekaj won't be it as he's not available! :)

Last edited:

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Montreal probably needs one as well given the fact Xhekaj is spends a lot of time in the penalty box.
Montreal did quite fine in the toughness department thanks to Xhekaj and his unique skillset! :)

Devils really need to find an answer to their pansy-ass softness. MacDermid is definitely not it. There needs to be a wholesale change in team toughness. I can't see that happening to be honest. Habs had similar issues in the past and it took a cultural change led by Shea Weber to turn the tide.

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
Its some habs frans favorite tactic.

They Can't do the easy thing and say the trade suggested by the Habs fan is bad for the other team. Instead they go "Actually We don't want to trade our guy as he's just so good".

Worked for Anderson right?

Felt to me that it was implicit that it was a meh trade, but you sure loooove picking useless fights all the time eh!

• Haha
Reactions: viceroy and Xirik

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
One of Jersey's biggest needs might be size on D or the top 6. The Habs have a shit ton of LD depth and one could consider getting solid value back

How about if the Habs send Xhekaj and the Jets first pick to the Devils for the Devils 1st pick?

Does it seem like fair value?
Nope. Habs have to add a third piece of real value. Mesar perhaps.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
You'd certainly know about it, that's all you do my boy
So what I'm understanding is that the majority of habs fans in this thread wouldn't give up Xhekaj for 10th OV straight up?

"question"
a sentence or phrase used to find out information.

Your welcome for lesson. No charge is needed.
------
How much would it cost to Get Beck?

Hämeenaho + Holtz? +3rd?

• Haha
Reactions: DaPhazz

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
"question"
a sentence or phrase used to find out information.

Your welcome for lesson. No charge is needed.
------
How much would it cost to Get Beck?

Hämeenaho + Holtz? +3rd?
Sure, you can have Beck for that!!!! Imo,nj would make a mistake trading Holtz

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Montreal did quite fine in the toughness department thanks to Xhekaj and his unique skillset! :)

Devils really need to find an answer to their pansy-ass softness. MacDermid is definitely not it. There needs to be a wholesale change in team toughness. I can't see that happening to be honest. Habs had similar issues in the past and it took a cultural change led by Shea Weber to turn the tide.
Meh. Same pansy ass team was third in the league the previous season and won a playoff round over a tough veteran team that is their biggest rival in seven games. Recency bias doesn’t undo that. It’s hard to really say what ailed NJ given their awful luck awful goalies and awful coaching. While there is a definite need for it the league overall is moving towards more speed skill and skating.

Reactions: HBK27 and Xirik

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Meh. Same pansy ass team was third in the league the previous season and won a playoff round over a tough veteran team that is their biggest rival in seven games. Recency bias doesn’t undo that. It’s hard to really say what ailed NJ given their awful luck awful goalies and awful coaching. While there is a definite need for it the league overall is moving towards more speed skill and skating.
So you don't think the Devils need to acquire more bigger/tougher/belligerent types of players? They are fine with their current team makeup? Vegas and Florida demonstrated their mettle in the run to the finals last year.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
First, it’s Xhekaj + a late 1st.

Second Xhekaj is not worth a 10OA overall of course (and I never heard anybody saying that) but a late 1st is what it would take to get him. So please if you want to troll, get your facts straight at the very least.
Jux knows her stuff when she takes her time to watch. I can't say I agree with her here.

Reactions: Benstheman

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
Xhekaj is only worth 10th overall in Habsland, where Justin Barron, Jayden Struble, and Jordan Harris are also worth first round picks.

Just awful player evaluation, OP.
Thanks for speaking for all of us! Much appreciated!

/eyeroll

Doublechin

Jun 23, 2013
Nope. Habs have to add a third piece of real value. Mesar perhaps.
If I'm Habs management that's the counter I'm waiting for (not into Mesar)

Then at 5-7 Im hoping to land the top forward available and at 10 the top D available L or R. Trading Arber makes drafting LD if BPA a sudden option

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad