Prospect Info: Habs Development Camp 2014

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
Hoach Imama gets an invite...wow. and Crevier-Morin..who is a pylon. I always get pissed about the invites..not sure why more guys outside of the Q can never get invited either....

Crevier-Morin invited over Donaghey...boggles my mind.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
I always get a little worked up about players not invited to development camp..not as worked up as WS..but passionate nevertheless. ;) I do have to remind myself however that the guys i think are overlooked as invites to the camps invariably don't amount to a hill of beans. :)

No fan fiction

Nov 16, 2004
Let's open a thread and start with guys you wish we'd invite to our development camp. And then, we'll keep that thread for reports coming out of it. List incoming soon....

we'll know in (x) years.
[padding my post count with inane posts on questionable subjects like the people who think the post count matters--where's the smiley for patting myself on the back]
:whatever:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Hoach Imama gets an invite...wow. and Crevier-Morin..who is a pylon. I always get pissed about the invites..not sure why more guys outside of the Q can never get invited either....

Crevier-Morin invited over Donaghey...boggles my mind.

I always get a little worked up about players not invited to development camp..not as worked up as WS..but passionate nevertheless. ;) I do have to remind myself however that the guys i think are overlooked as invites to the camps invariably don't amount to a hill of beans. :)

:laugh: I'm especially worked up as I go and see them. So I'd love to see guys I didn't see live or a whole lot and have some kind of assessment.

Totally agree with you that Imama and especially Crevier-Morin makes no sense whatsoever. They do take some crazy decisions sometimes. I understand that for a PR point of view...it's fine to bring some Q guys...but there are other guys as well.

As of now, we do have 1 guy from outside Q.....Sam Anas. But there's soooooooooo many other guys that weren't drafted.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Hope we take a look at Sautner and Colby Cave.

2 good names I forgot. Somehow, Habs aren't going with the "easy" invitations like that. Other teams do for some odd reasons....

No idea how they came with the invitation to Sam Anas....

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The kid has magic hands.. Good hockey sense.. Bigger than he's listed height wise.. He can flat out score goals. I like him more than Audette.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
He's a longshot to ever play in the AHL. Not sure I get the excitement.

Well it's always interesting to follow a guy who has the type of development that this kid has. I think he still deserved to be picked. But just like half of the guys that were drafted today....true that most of them will even half a tough time staying in the AHL.

Grant McCagg

@duhduhduh
Dec 13, 2010
He's a longshot to ever play in the AHL. Not sure I get the excitement.

I hear ya. :) Five years from now we'll wonder 'what ever happened to'.....just look back at the 2007 draft and all of the suggestions for guys to invite after the draft...most of them are selling cars in their hometowns. :)

That should stir up the pot...lol!

Dylan Corson was invited to camp for some reason...actually only one reason..his dad.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
The kid has magic hands.. Good hockey sense.. Bigger than he's listed height wise.. He can flat out score goals. I like him more than Audette.

Seen him play many times - my nephew actually played with him for a while.

There's a reason he wasn't drafted.

Longshot to play any pro games.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
I hear ya. :) Five years from now we'll wonder 'what ever happened to'.....just look back at the 2007 draft and all of the suggestions for guys to invite after the draft...most of them are selling cars in their hometowns. :)

That should stir up the pot...lol!

Dylan Corson was invited to camp for some reason...actually only one reason..his dad.

Interesting. I know that Shayne had a son drafted in the 'Q this year out of Mont-St-Anne Marquis here in Sherbrooke. I didn't know about Dylan.

Looks like he's not afraid to drop the mitts.

As for the invites in general, I understand it can be disappointing not to invite guys from outside of our area. But is it actually because the Habs won't invite them or is it because they prefer invites from other teams?

Also, I believe the NCAA kids have to make it on their own to those camps, so that certainly makes the pool smaller. I'm not sure if it's the same for USHL/Junior A kids who want to attend the american college system though. Would it affect their NCAA eligibility to accept to get to an NHL camp with their plane tickets / hotel / food paid?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad