Rumor: Habs Considering Pomminville (PTO or Deal?)

Would you sign Pominville?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
They can write and broadcast all they want. I don't think the organization cares how much they want to promote the local players. It didn't work for Hudon, Deslauriers, and Ouellet last year.

They don't care about how much they complain and always asking about not drafting french players and all of that.

MB won't sign Pomminville to a contract because Cantin writes an article pushing for it or because JiC will talk about it on TVA Sports non-stop every day.

Don't be so sure…..cause you'll have to explain to me why they picked Bergevin as GM to begin with;)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Don't be so sure…..cause you'll have to explain to me why they picked Bergevin as GM to begin with;)

You try fighting this charm...

upload_2019-9-4_20-27-45.jpeg

.... just try it.

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009
I'd love to see a poll on how many of us would like the Habs to sign pominville....

Mostly because i've never see a 100% hf poll:popcorn:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Get ready for the injury parade by December, out of the playoffs by January 15th. Bergy will blame the man games lost on hockey players , rather than the abuse small teams take month after month.
It’s true, it is impossible for an undersized team to play such an uptempo speed game and not run out of gas. Our smaller forwards are most vulnerable when bigger teams take away the middle of the ice and there is no other option but to play along the boards and most times they are very overmatched. I have preached this for years during gdt’s, it’s so obvious to see but yet we continue with this style of team.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Well Ward didn't make team last year.

Either way, I want them in AHL. I think it would be huge for them and the AHL team. If they can't beat a guy who will be 37 in november then they probably could use AHL time anyway.

But it's not about making the team. It's about getting the shifts you need to prove you belong. And it will be easy to send those kids down after they will be tried 8 minutes a game on a 4th line because Pominville has to get all the reps on the 3rd....

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
But it's not about making the team. It's about getting the shifts you need to prove you belong. And it will be easy to send those kids down after they will be tried 8 minutes a game on a 4th line because Pominville has to get all the reps on the 3rd....

You know this is easily fixed by scheduling more games, playing them in a position to see their work and not loading up lines.

The reality is to start training camp a lot of these guys will end up in the top 9 pretty easily. The line up will be split in 2.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
You know this is easily fixed by scheduling more games, playing them in a position to see their work and not loading up lines.

The reality is to start training camp a lot of these guys will end up in the top 9 pretty easily. The line up will be split in 2.

7 games this preseason. Surely not all 7 to make some tests. And the first games are against AHL/CHL teams where Alexander Suglobov, with the Leafs, once looked like Wayne Gretzky. I just have no idea how kids unless they utterly dominate will have the chance to shine if we sign guys on PTO's.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
7 games this preseason. Surely not all 7 to make some tests. And the first games are against AHL/CHL teams where Alexander Suglobov, with the Leafs, once looked like Wayne Gretzky. I just have no idea how kids unless they utterly dominate will have the chance to shine if we sign guys on PTO's.

How was Ward treated last year?

I genuinely do not remember.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
If these rumours are true, then I'm guessing he's only received a PTO.

At this point, if pominville got an actual full time offer from any team, you'd think that he would jump on it in a heartbeat.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Yeah, cause most people dont have a family when they're 25...

I took it to mean that Montreal was an option exactly because he has family here. He also had family here when he wasn’t a declining, aging player is the point, since apparently, it wasn’t obvious to some.

Reactions: Edgy

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I meant if it impeded the evaluation of younger players. We didn't have many but still.

Tough to know. But the people who are saying that the plan is clear, that we are going full youth and for a near future, the people that says that our prospect pool is the best than it ever was have to believe that signing a 37 year old to a PTO is just strange at the very least.....to be polite.

Personnally, again, I hvae nothing against that. But that's because I don't believe that it's Bergevin's plan. That's all. He goes with what's available. And makes it his plan.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
You are right, we don't have such a good prospect pool after all..

You haven’t answered the question!!!

Wha kids are not playing on account of Pominville POSSIBLY getting a PTO??

You have KK in that video, he’s already slotted in for top 9

You have Brook who is all but assured a top 4 role in Laval

Then you have Suzuki and Poehling who are better served playing top 6, top PP minutes in Laval to start the year.

And a PTO, is exactly that, a PTO

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Can we stop being the NHL team of charity for has beens?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
You haven’t answered the question!!!

Wha kids are not playing on account of Pominville POSSIBLY getting a PTO??

You have KK in that video, he’s already slotted in for top 9

You have Brook who is all but assured a top 4 role in Laval

Then you have Suzuki and Poehling who are better served playing top 6, top PP minutes in Laval to start the year.

And a PTO, is exactly that, a PTO

Lehkonen for me is kid that deserve a real top 6 shot....did pretty well last year at the end of the season when put in a more offensive position

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Lehkonen for me is kid that deserve a real top 6 shot....did pretty well last year at the end of the season when put in a more offensive position
I concur......he needs to bury his chances though, last year he just kept missing golden opportunities.

I’d honestly really like to see Suzuki and Poehling start the season in Laval.....especially Suzuki.

A dose of Bouchard can only do these kids some good

Reactions: angusyoung

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
The only way I'd sign Pomminville is if he'd pay the organization and not the other way around. This ain't a country club. (I wish)

Reactions: angusyoung
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad