Habs at the World Championships (May 10-May 26) | TSN, TSN.ca, NHLN, IIHF Worlds 2024 YouTube channel

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Just watched Can-Fin highlights. They won, but goaltending... my god!
Yeah I had two Sens fans on the main board telling me Binnington is not an issue and he’s an elite goaltender. I guess being average in net is considered elite by a franchise that’s never had a good goalie.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I'm no doctor but maybe rehab at this point means using his shoulder to calibrate it back to proper sniping mechanisms...

Which is done off-season through shooting drills and off ice work, as you need powerful wrists, forearms, and shoulders/back to shoot the puck well. Caufield's forearms are pretty huge already.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
CC needs to get his shot back. Should have turned down the worlds to rest and rehab the shoulder over another full summer imo.
Still so young though; needs to play… traditionally hockey folk always encourage players to seize any big stage chance, careers being so short…

I do wonder if players feel accountable to team doctors with guaranteed contracts and all…

I feel he fits well on a line with that Tkatchuk kid and it’s weird.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
He will need to have one hell of a start to his season next year if he wants to make it in the 4 nations team. That can be good news for the Habs.
You start to really wonder how he'll respond in playoffs when it will be even tougher....All great to already have a top 6 in mind, but people just doesn't realize that there are almost no certainty in that top 6. Suzuki? Sure. Slafkovsky? Looks like it. Who else?

Reactions: skidcells

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
You start to really wonder how he'll respond in playoffs when it will be even tougher....All great to already have a top 6 in mind, but people just doesn't realize that there are almost no certainty in that top 6. Suzuki? Sure. Slafkovsky? Looks like it. Who else?
I mean he already showed us that he’s a good playoff performer as a rookie. He toyed with a Vegas team of which every defender is like 6’4.

skidcells

May 11, 2023
I see it the same way. I don’t know what we have in Caufield come playoff time. I know people argue his performance in our Covid year run but really the leafs have shown they aren’t a playoff team, Winnipeg got demolished by the avs with more or less then same team, Vegas wasn’t back then the juggernaut they are now. The only team we faced that was a proper playoff team was Tampa and we lost that series in 5.

• Haha
Reactions: Redux91

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I see it the same way. I don’t know what we have in Caufield come playoff time. I know people argue his performance in our Covid year run but really the leafs have shown they aren’t a playoff team, Winnipeg got demolished by the avs with more or less then same team, Vegas wasn’t back then the juggernaut they are now. The only team we faced that was a proper playoff team was Tampa and we lost that series in 5.
BS argument. All of those teams were supposed to steamroll the Habs and he helped them win each of those series. We don’t beat Vegas without Cole in the lineup.

skidcells

May 11, 2023
BS argument. All of those teams were supposed to steamroll the Habs and he helped them win each of those series. We don’t beat Vegas without Cole in the lineup.
What are your thoughts on Pacioretty as a playoff performer?

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I mean he already showed us that he’s a good playoff performer as a rookie. He toyed with a Vegas team of which every defender is like 6’4.
Well can't wait to see the consistency of multiple playoffs that we should start seeing soon. Not that long ago, some were saying JK could be a playoff performer too based on his 2nd season too.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad