GDT: Habs at Leafs Pre-season game #6 Monday, October 2nd 7pm SN

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
What on earth are you talking about?

Max Domi led the Chicago Blackhawks in scoring last year despite the fact that he was traded to Dallas in early March.

With the Stars, he had 13 points in 19 playoff games.

You think he "flamed out quickly" with the team he led in scoring? He "flamed out quickly" by being one of the Stars top playoff performers?

Do you have the faintest idea what you're talking about?
Yet nobody wants him back

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
You're absolutely certain he received no offers from anyone else?
No, but Chi thought so much they traded him then Dallas said good bye after leading scorer to, as did 4 other clubs over the past. No long term offers, no big 1 yr offers, just bye bye.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
What are the odds a last-place, tanking team trades a productive veteran to a playoff team?
Good point, and it is not that I do not want him the succeed because if he does succeed we likely will as a team. BUT, he needs to be coached like a marginally successful vet who must earn his way, and we know we have lots of those. He is not a star, he is not elite. He is not going to a Brad Marchant like he could have been. I am concerned that his inflated view of himself stops the Leafs from getting his best effort.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Good point, and it is not that I do not want him the succeed because if he does succeed we likely will as a team. BUT, he needs to be coached like a marginally successful vet who must earn his way, and we know we have lots of those. He is not a star, he is not elite. He is not going to a Brad Marchant like he could have been. I am concerned that his inflated view of himself stops the Leafs from getting his best effort.

On what basis do you believe he isn’t being coached that way? What basis do you believe he has an inflated view of himself? He just signed a one year price it deal, to play with a top team… that doesn’t scream inflated view of oneself, holding out for a top dollar LT deal. It seems likely we get the best version of him, as he seeks to earn that contract.

Reactions: kb

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi

Let be clear... Domi will not fight for a roster spot, hes already having a guarantee spot but that doesn't mean he will hot have to fight for ice time

Reactions: Niagara Bill

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
It's only a one-year deal and he's not getting paid like Marchand. Try to relax.

Reactions: kb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad