Proposal: Habs 5th for Farabee and Frost

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
After Demidov and with rumours that Lindstrom may, repeat, may have back problem, i don't like the Russian roulette of available forwards.

So within my nature of picking the safe route and solving the Habs offensive needs i propose...

Habs 5th

For

Philly's Farabee and Frost

Reasoning is simple. Unless Levshunov falls into our hands, Habs need forwards more then one more defenseman in the boatload of defenseman we already have. No one past Demidov and celebrini brings highly probable forward star potential. Yes, lots of hopium but not great probability of what the 5th overall certainty it should bring. Farabee provides a young scoring winger and Frost is not Dach, but he's a slam dunk young 3C with maybe a bit of potential for a 2C plus some security IF Dach is injury prone.

Philly gets to draft a franchise defenseman at 5th and the loss of offense is more then made up by Michkov, (the guy that should be wearing Hab colours. Yes, I'm still bitter.)

Soooo...is this a fair proposal?

Why not?

Whose on the "winning" side.

Or is it fair?

Last edited:

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
eww-brother-ewww.gif

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Switch Farabee for Foerster and i'll think about it.

Otherwise that proposal is terrible for the Habs.

• Haha
Reactions: Breeze 44

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Why would Habs do this?

I like Frost and Farabee but it doesn't make sense for Habs to give up 5th as a rebuilding team for them
Frost and Farabee are 3rd liners at their peak (25 years old) ?
A #5 will be a top 6 for 10 years minimum, (starting in 2 years though)
The answer is pretty obvious.

After Demidov and with rumours that Lindstrom may, repeat, may have back problem, i don't like the Russian roulette of available forwards.

So within my nature of picking the safe route and solving the Habs offensive needs i propose...

Habs 5th

For

Philly's Farabee and Frost

Reasoning is simple. Unless Levshunov falls into our hands, Habs need forwards more then one more defenseman in the boatload of defenseman we already have. No one past Demidov and celebrini brings highly probable forward star potential. Yes, lots of hopium but not great probability of what the 5th overall certainty it should bring. Farabee provides a young scoring winger and Frost is not Dach, but he's a slam dunk young 3C with maybe a bit of potential for a 2C plus some security IF Dach is injury prone.

Philly gets to draft a franchise defenseman at 5th and the loss of offense is more then made up by Michkov, (the guy that should be wearing Hab colours. Yes, I'm still bitter.)

Soooo...is this a fair proposal?

Why not?

Whose on the "winning" side.

Or is it fair?
Can't beleive you're a Habs fan,,,

Reactions: RogerRoger

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Switch Farabee for Foerster and i'll think about it.
Done.

Unless Demodov or Levshinov fall into our lap, I just don't see any forwards with high probability of top 3 written on them. Yes, there certainly will be a few but it's too much of a crapshoot. Just as likely that we get a 3rd liner at 5th, which we are going to have a pile coming up.

So this trade is about certainty versus a lot of maybe...maybe not.

As for questioning me as a "Hab fan". I've been to 17 cup parades. Likely longer then you are alive. So stick to hockey talk.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Done.

Unless Demodov or Levshinov fall into our lap, I just don't see any forwards with high probability of top 3 written on them. Yes, there certainly will be a few but it's too much of a crapshoot. Just as likely that we get a 3rd liner at 5th, which we are going to have a pile coming up.

So this trade is about certainty versus a lot of maybe...maybe not.

As for questioning me as a "Hab fan". I've been to 17 cup parades. Likely longer then you are alive. So stick to hockey talk.
Well if i put the same kind of proposal it would look like:

J, Roy + Dvorak for #5 ?

Farabee = Roy (Roy will probably be better)
Frost = Dvorak (Frost will probably better)

Do you think anyone does that ?? no

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
trading Foerster would mean going full rebuild and I doubt the Flyers GM would do that after signing Tippet to a multi year deal.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
It’s intriguing as a Flyers fan but if Michkov is in fact in the Flyers lineup this year I pass. If we still had to wait a couple years for him to come over I do it

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
The same management that took Reinbacher over Michkov?
It was pretty widely speculated that Michkov let teams know he was only interested in signing with a couple teams. Combined with the fact that he had a long term KHL contract it would have been a huge risk to take him if you weren't on his preferred destination list.

Reactions: Habssince89

LegionOfGloom

Jun 9, 2021
It was pretty widely speculated that Michkov let teams know he was only interested in signing with a couple teams. Combined with the fact that he had a long term KHL contract it would have been a huge risk to take him if you weren't on his preferred destination list.
With the huge caveat that it's hard to know what the truth is... I've mostly seen reports that he told Arizona (RIP) and Washington that he didn't want them to draft him. Very hard to know what, if anything, he said to anyone else but definitely agree that the dynamic changes significantly if he actually told Montreal he didn't want to go there.

Vivaldi

May 18, 2024
Well if i put the same kind of proposal it would look like:

J, Roy + Dvorak for #5 ?

Farabee = Roy (Roy will probably be better)
Frost = Dvorak (Frost will probably better)

Do you think anyone does that ?? no
Frost and Farabee are 3rd liners at their peak (25 years old) ?
A #5 will be a top 6 for 10 years minimum, (starting in 2 years though)
The answer is pretty obvious.

Not sure if you're trolling or just genuinely clueless about the sport. Frost is firmly in the Newhook/Dach tier, Farabee is not far behind the Caulfield tier of players. I guess you think those are 3rd liners comparable to Dvorak and Roy?

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
With the huge caveat that it's hard to know what the truth is... I've mostly seen reports that he told Arizona (RIP) and Washington that he didn't want them to draft him. Very hard to know what, if anything, he said to anyone else but definitely agree that the dynamic changes significantly if he actually told Montreal he didn't want to go there.
Yeah, like I said, it was speculated, but as you say nobody but the actually principles involved know the whole truth, and even then everyone involved would have thier own perspective. My only point is it's not a simple black anywhere situation where Montreal (and 5 other teams) chose to pass on him. I've heard he wasn't a great interview (but I've also heard the opposite). Personalities, contract situations, the Russian factor. They all play in. I hope he turns out great for Philly, and I have faith that Montreal did their due diligence on Reinbacker before taking him. Seeing how Slafkovsky is developing definitely adds to my confidence in the Montreal scouts.

So for those reasons I'd rather swing for the fence and trust them to make a great pick at 5

UED

May 2, 2021
These guys don't offer anything to their teams; neither of them shoot, neither of them are big or physical, neither of them kill penalties. They're average or below average at everything so you never want them on the ice because there's always someone better for the job. Fake 2nd liners for bubble teams. Same story as all the other generic tanker stars: Tatar, Nyquist, Domi, Kuzmenko, Kerfoot, Strome, etc. Tippett is a far better target from Philadelphia he actually shoots and hits. Frankly I'd get rid of Newhook I think he's the same as these guys. I don't know who you think is the franchise dman at 5 but you don't trade a franchise dman for two UFA level band-aids.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad