Speculation: Habs 3rd Jersey Next Year Will Be Expos Themed

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Light blue, or "bleu poudre" was already related to hockey 30 years ago when they broadcast hockey at CBC and Radio-Canada. That light blue is far from the dark blue of the actual CH jersey. When they change something like that, it's outragious because it looks like a small detail but no, it's an huge difference. It's a big challenge for a designer.

But let's enjoy the good old days of powder blue.
View attachment 505460 View attachment 505462

Two different things. Whatever happened in a hockey broadcast booth eons ago has nothing to do with how the Expos sported them. However, have to say the old CBC exploding pizza logo was quite absurd. Luckily, those HNIC guys didn't get to adorn it.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
I'll definitely be in the minority and take bit of backlash but it's a no from me . ..... Sounds gimmicky .......Habs don't need gimmick merchandise for sales.......guess I'm just old fashioned and like tradition is all ......don't roast too hard lol
I agree with you.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
You definitely did and thanks for posting it. I don’t know what happened there, your thread had fallen so low on the page that I had to look for it.

I’m starting to think that @Adam Michaels performed some kind of sorcery. :sarcasm:

giphy (5).gif

Reactions: Runner77

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I'll definitely be in the minority and take bit of backlash but it's a no from me . ..... Sounds gimmicky .......Habs don't need gimmick merchandise for sales.......guess I'm just old fashioned and like tradition is all ......don't roast too hard lol

These thoughts came to my mind. But if they can do it right, which includes a non-gimmicky way, I'll keep an open mind and hope it ends up being fun.

Reactions: Runner77

Surfer72

Oct 18, 2018
I have always enjoyed some of the other teams 3rd sweaters or stadium series sweaters etc. A bit envious of how free some ideas and teams are regardless of my personal opinions on if they are hits or misses.

As a bit of a traditionalist, i'd love to see the Habs do a retro version and only use them against strictly original 6 teams. Maybe expand it to special occasions for other teams anniversaries and special events....

However being open minded and with last years reverse retro and now possibly the Expos, it would be the event which would open the door to more non-traditional sweaters in the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad