Confirmed with Link: Guhle Hearing for Slashing Konecny (Suspended 1 Game)

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Yeah you 3 games guys were out to lunch on this one, sorry
Bit too much 'holier than thou' goin on for some reason

If he would of clotheslined him or something then It would of been 3 games lol
Yup.

Momentary lapse of judgment... Undisciplined & stupid, but not violent or dangerous in the hockey context.

For a league that gets a lot wrong, this was very much appropriate.

It's weird how some posters in this thread are so offended by it... Way too dramatic for a nothingburger offense

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
And that is absolute garbage. Maybe slightly over the limit warrants a suspension a nd ticket. Way over the limit should be a huge fine and a 2nd offense should be a mandatory jail senstence.

You get nothing. There is news stories all time of guys that have been arrested 14 times for drunk driving and somehow are still free.
You’re staring at a speck of sand and ignoring the beach. This isn’t a debate on drunk driving.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
That woke mob won’t stop at hurtful words…. They’ll can Stanley and give everyone participation trophies to every team instead.
Hmm, so there is a mob that you are scared of and they are worse because they are not racist? Being attacked is more fun with a southern American accent? It's safer if you can shout "look, a black person" and run the other way?

At least you make it clear the ignore is a good option.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Matthew Tkachuk was previously suspended for 1 game for spearing Matt Martin from the bench, so the precedent was already set.

Would've been odd to give Guhle more games.
The player's union is pretty powerful. Penalties are lower than I think they should be. It's why we still get ticky-tacky stuff in the game - in my opinion. I'd like longer penalties in general.

But yeah, he was going to get a game and that's it.

Reactions: Oryxo

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Haven't read the entire thread. When did this occur? I only watched the final two periods of the game, but do not recall seeing the infraction. The box score shows no penalties on Guhle, so I assume the officials missed it, too.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Don't like the play but the flyer turned, looked at the ref and began crying from a tap. Boy those broadstreet bullies sure are big arse pus$%'s

fake-tears-fake-cry.gif

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
A slash from the bench isn’t outside the usual sportsmanship?

What?
I should clarify that I meant this specific incident isn't that bad. He wasn't out to injure but to vent his frustrations (serious intent to injure would've lead Guhle to seriously injuring the guy). That being taken into account, I don't consider it outside the realm of usual angry sportsmanship.

All that said, Guhle should definitely be suspended for a game or two because players on the bench should have 0 impact on anything going on during play, let alone attacking an opposing player.

Edit: Let's not pretend this is an awful incident, everyone has eyes and can see what happened. This high horse stuff doesn't jive very well.

Last edited:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Don't like the play but the flyer turned, looked at the ref and began crying from a tap. Boy those broadstreet bullies sure are big arse pus$%'s

fake-tears-fake-cry.gif
I had to think the same, Konecy a whiny little bitch.................LOL Bobby Clarke would have been WTF man?? Torts is the toughest guy on their team!!
Anyhow, was thinking a game, even mentioned maybe a fine only.
Guhlie gets tonight off, and I would think Kovacevic draws back in.....

fake-tears-fake-cry.gif
I had to think the same, Konecy a whiny little bitch.................LOL Bobby Clarke would have been WTF man?? Torts is the toughest guy on their team!!
Anyhow, was thinking a game, even mentioned maybe a fine only.
Guhlie gets tonight off, and I would think Kovacevic draws back in.....

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I love that he was sticking up for Slaf even if he was on the bench. If the boys start playing for each other this team is going to be something special.
Yes...............this was all about what happened just before that play from the bench.......next time Guhlie will understand he just can't do that and wait to hit the ice.....................I honestly think this kid has a mean streak in him, we rarely see.....these kids are becoming great team mates.

Reactions: FloJack and jaffy27

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Exactly. 3 games for that is ridiculous. He shouldn't have done it. He should have gotten a penalty, but he obviously wasn't happy with Slafkovsky being taken down like that. Oh, and by the way, where the f*** was the penalty on that play?!

How do the refs look at the mugging and go play on! Chances are high if refs stop play there to call a penalty Guhle doesn't feel the need to retaliate from the bench.

Give him a fine, tell him not to do that again and move on.

I haven't seen the play, but the league has been hard on bench players getting into the action. I think this stems from the league's sensitivity to bench clearing brawls. They don't happen anymore, and part of the reason is because the league has had an automatic 10 game suspension policy for anyone who jumps onto the ice to join an ongoing altercation.

It sounds like guhle didn't jump on the ice here, but still got involved with a slash, and got 10% of the punishment had he jumped on the ice. From that perspective, I think you just eat the punishment, learn from it and move on. It's pretty mild.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I should clarify that I meant this specific incident isn't that bad. He wasn't out to injure but to vent his frustrations (serious intent to injure would've lead Guhle to seriously injuring the guy). That being taken into account, I don't consider it outside the realm of usual angry sportsmanship.

All that said, Guhle should definitely be suspended for a game or two because players on the bench should have 0 impact on anything going on during play, let alone attacking an opposing player.

Edit: Let's not pretend this is an awful incident, everyone has eyes and can see what happened. This high horse stuff doesn't jive very well.
The hit itself is nothing. On the ice it’s a two minute penalty.

But when you’re in the bench, you keep your stick to yourself. He got one game which is what I expected. I just think if you want to eliminate this stuff it should be higher. I think the league in general is too lenient when it comes to this kind of stuff though.

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
Guhle got a game, whatever. He’s a smart kid & he’ll learn to not do that again.
Knock Konecny’s teeth out on the ice next time.

The Karen Club around here looking for a pound of flesh are a bit much……wow.
The kid is 22 try to keep that in mind.

Last edited:

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
The « hockey way » would be if the nhl published a wall of shame and only removed the offender profile pics from the « got it coming » section of the website after a 5 min major for fighting.

Heck I bet the online betting would be insane. Choose a goon and the odds sway…

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
You guys remember this incident? How many games did he get? What's the difference? Oh right, he got a 5k fine. Different rules eh?

also Thornton was fined for squirting water at PK from the bench.
Guhle - love tap - 1 game lol

Reactions: mdk

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
You guys remember this incident? How many games did he get? What's the difference? Oh right, he got a 5k fine. Different rules eh?

also Thornton was fined for squirting water at PK from the bench.
Guhle - love tap - 1 game lol

Seems about right to me tbh

The glove & water were even more harmless than the "tap". I can see the rational of a slash from the bench to an unexcpecting player skating by as being worth an escalated consequence.

Either way, hopefully Guhle doesn't wade into that territory again.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Seems about right to me tbh

The glove & water were even more harmless than the "tap". I can see the rational of a slash from the bench to an unexcpecting player skating by as being worth an escalated consequence.

Either way, hopefully Guhle doesn't wade into that territory again.

My thoughts are, if there is zero tolerance from actions from the bench, it should be blanket policy. I really don't care either way, as long as they were consistent, which they won't be.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Guhle got a game, whatever. He’s a smart kid & he’ll learn to not do that again.
Knock Konecny’s teeth out on the ice next time.

The Karen Club around here looking for a pound of flesh is a bit much……wow.
The kid is 22 try to keep that in mind.
I don't think anyone thought it was worth more than a game. But several games would help the tank.

Reactions: BJCOLLINS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad