Recalled/Assigned: Guentzel, Pouliot re-assigned to WBSPenguins

thecore

Jul 2, 2008
Nebraska
steeltuxbird.blogspot.com
Hell yes. Guentzel is exactly the type of player we need to play with Crosby. He will dig pucks and set up Sid better than anyone he's played with (other than Malkin) since Hossa.

This probably means they will put him with Malkin. That's ok - I'm just excited to see. Please don't bump up Fehr and play him 6 minutes on the 4th line.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Greatest day ever!

Since Hornqvist is still out, they might go Guentzel-Crosby-Sheary, but in all reality, they will probably play him with Bonino or Cullen.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
I don't know why but I hate every time some forward prospect comes up they have some stupid number. #59 is not a hockey number. He is #44 in WBS, why can't he be that number. Please don't tell me the Pens aren't giving it out because of Brooks.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Time to party. Anyone know what Kunitz is on IR for? It has to be moderately serious for him to be on IR.

Koempel

Mar 8, 2010
Leuven
Good to see Kunitz finally realised he is, in fact, injured. Must be that lack of iron slowing the pain response again. Excited to see what Guentzel can do, since a lot of you guys here have been praising him for a while now.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

giphy.gif

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
giphy.gif

I mean, I hope Kunitz isn't dead or anything for his family's sake but having him out of the line up right now and calling up Jake is exactly what is needed.

Yes! YES! YESSSSS!!!!

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
He will slide in next to Malkin and Kessel I assume.

He is a guy that uses his speed to be first on the puck and he's tenacious on the boards. He will win a ton of puck battles using his smarts and serve up some golden chances for Malkin and Kessel.

Should be a really nice fit there once he gets used to the speed and strength of NHLers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad