Guelph Storm 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part One)

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Expected lineup now that the roster has been posted:

Namestnikov/Poitras/Bowman
Alrikkson/Karabela/Luchanko
McGuire/Snelgrove/Paquette
McKenzie/McFadden/Serlin
Grundner

Buchinger/Beauschesne (until Allen is back as he's a righty?)
Hislop/Romeo
Sandhu/Topp
Singh

Question mark in goal.

I am writing my Christmas list... I want Dom and Nelson please. I don't want to waste Poitras' last year. That being said, have to start strong so that it makes sense at the deadline.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Bowman named Captain, well deserved.

This also apparently marks the start of my "using the OHL to procrastinate paperwork" season. O.K., back to work.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
First win in the books.
So proud of Leo Serlin. For those who don't know, Serlin is a 5th round pick from the '22 draft who impressed at camp and made the roster this year. He had two goals tonight in the Storm's home opener. Welcome to the Storm, Leo!

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Poitras watch... he survived yesterday's cuts and will be in the Bruins lineup tonight.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Guelph showing in their first 3 games that they've got the forward depth.
Luchanko has shown that he is taking the next step forward in his development, looking great.
Snelgrove looks like he could've been a first round pick.
Serlin and Alrikkson chipping in.
McKenzie with a goal and an assist tonight.

All of this without mentioning a top line of Namestnikov, Poitras and Bowman.

Gillespie has been standing on his head and showing he wants to claim the net this season.

Defense is making me nervous, I am grateful for Buchinger and hope Allen is recovering well. Nothing here that can't be addressed at the trade deadline.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Don't look now, if the 'Shwa can pull through and finish their game tonight with a win, Guelph is the last team in the league to remain undefeated.

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
Guelph with the slow start in tonight's game. Gillespie again keeping it close.
London's elite defense is showing. Guelph missing Allen and Poitras is showing, I stand by needing another top D as a main priority to go deep in 7 game series with the other top teams.

Also, going to put this here...
Poitras > Cowan. :cool:

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Guelph with the slow start in tonight's game. Gillespie again keeping it close.
London's elite defense is showing. Guelph missing Allen and Poitras is showing, I stand by needing another top D as a main priority to go deep in 7 game series with the other top teams.

Also, going to put this here...
Poitras > Cowan. :cool:
19>18

I Loveallsports

I'm a optimist not a optometrist
Apr 13, 2010
I appreciate how other team's fanbases have been tolerating my contributions on their boards when I feel the need for hockey chatter... my family will only tolerate so much.
Didn't realize you're the only consistent poster on your board. Hasn't always been this way, has it?

RoyalCitysFinest

Oct 6, 2023
I wonder what it would take to pry Barlow out of OS if they end up blowing it up. Maybe a Ty Nelson aswell. Gotta think w Matt sticking for 9 plus george pulls the trigger on a little experience here

StormWatcher

Nov 26, 2013
I wonder what it would take to pry Barlow out of OS if they end up blowing it up. Maybe a Ty Nelson aswell. Gotta think w Matt sticking for 9 plus george pulls the trigger on a little experience here
I think we'll see something at the deadline for sure. I'm not sure Owen Sound will be sellers, NB needs to recoup picks, one would think.

Sudbury and Saginaw are the teams that could outbid us with the number of picks they have... it'll be interesting that's for sure.

Reactions: EvenSteven

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad