Guelph Storm 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fudgeo

Feb 2, 2015
Probably not much gas in the tank for a comeback..
Put Hills and Toropchenko back together and give the rookie line lots of ice in the third

Stormdude

Jan 20, 2016
Here are my predictions for this weekends games
Fri. Dec. 1
Guelph 4
Erie 3
GWG - Smith

Sat. Dec. 2
Owen Sound 6
Guelph 5
GWG - Durzi

Northernstormfan

Apr 26, 2015
Northern Ontario
I read alot of the other boards and they all talk about the team, how they are doing, trades, possible future players and so on. Why is our board only filled with game predictions? Why aren't there conversations going on?

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
I read alot of the other boards and they all talk about the team, how they are doing, trades, possible future players and so on. Why is our board only filled with game predictions? Why aren't there conversations going on?

I've been beating this drum for years. It's kinda sad. I used to post my thoughts on things, but when no one responds and you feel as if you are talking to yourself, the motivation to do so fades pretty quickly.

If this team wins, more fans will come out of the woodwork. We saw it when the team won the OHL.

This board would be a dead-zone if it were not for the contest. Turns out offering free stuff while doing all of the work associated with it is only enough to get people to post a game result, and little else. And in that vein.....

Guelph 5
Erie2
Merkely

Guelph 6
Owen Sound 5
Merkely.

Northernstormfan

Apr 26, 2015
Northern Ontario
I've been beating this drum for years. It's kinda sad. I used to post my thoughts on things, but when no one responds and you feel as if you are talking to yourself, the motivation to do so fades pretty quickly.

If this team wins, more fans will come out of the woodwork. We saw it when the team won the OHL.

This board would be a dead-zone if it were not for the contest. Turns out offering free stuff while doing all of the work associated with it is only enough to get people to post a game result, and little else. And in that vein.....

Guelph 5
Erie2
Merkely

Guelph 6
Owen Sound 5
Merkely.

Fudgeo

Feb 2, 2015
Welcome to Guelph, where you get scolded for making too much noise at a hockey game

Northernstormfan

Apr 26, 2015
Northern Ontario
Welcome to Guelph, where you get scolded for making too much noise at a hockey game
Fudgeo I bang the glass, yell at the refs and I don't let stick in the muds bother me one bit. We sat up in behind the team benches one game and wow, you would have thought we were cheering as the Queen went by. We now call those sections "the morgue".

Living Vicariously

Mar 15, 2014
Fergus
Interesting game tonight against the Otters, for different reasons. I thought there wasn't much energy or urgency for the most part, and wondered if there is an energy conservation system being employed, considering that the Attack are on deck for Saturday night. If that's the case, it came back to bite them as the game went on. Thought the Storm showed glimpses of play domination, but also a fair bit of layoff - the killer instinct needs more development. Nice to see Bertuzzi get his first - hope that opens the gates now - he looked much faster after getting that monkey off his back. Ralph and Kirwin, the "bubble boys", continue to shine and are emerging as the leaders of this team in energy and work ethic. I thought Sammy had a tremendous game with lots of intercepted passes and drawing a penalty with his dangles. Torp will get his next goal soon and it will open the floodgates for him. Nice to see two points with an exciting beautiful play in OT, but this game should have been long over in regulation time. Hope they bring more energy and urgency Saturday against the Sound.

GO STORM GO!

Reactions: RoyalCitySlicker

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Lalonde seems to a be bust? I don't see him getting drafted to NHL.

TrueBlueStorm

Apr 25, 2014
Lalonde is still only 17 with a lot of upside IMO. Not flashy like Merkley but far more defensively responsible. Maybe a late round NHL draft pick.

EastviewoftheStorm

Dec 2, 2017
Interesting game tonight against the Otters, for different reasons. I thought there wasn't much energy or urgency for the most part, and wondered if there is an energy conservation system being employed, considering that the Attack are on deck for Saturday night. If that's the case, it came back to bite them as the game went on. Thought the Storm showed glimpses of play domination, but also a fair bit of layoff - the killer instinct needs more development. Nice to see Bertuzzi get his first - hope that opens the gates now - he looked much faster after getting that monkey off his back. Ralph and Kirwin, the "bubble boys", continue to shine and are emerging as the leaders of this team in energy and work ethic. I thought Sammy had a tremendous game with lots of intercepted passes and drawing a penalty with his dangles. Torp will get his next goal soon and it will open the floodgates for him. Nice to see two points with an exciting beautiful play in OT, but this game should have been long over in regulation time. Hope they bring more energy and urgency Saturday against the Sound.

GO STORM GO!

Mostly, I thought, the team did well again Erie. Torop seems harnessed or overcontrolled. ..I think he'll break out once the slump ends but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Ryan M. still frustrates me to no end, such a great player but makes ridiculous mistakes! Aka DoG penalty at 1:54 left of the 3rd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad