GSP training camp coming soon?

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
So it appears that Freddy Roach has been telling the media that GSP is planning on doing a 6 week 'training camp' to assess if he still has the fire to compete that he once did... if he finds the fire, he'll fight, and if he doesn't, he'll officially retire.

Let the speculation begin!

Do you think he'll come back? If so, who do you think he fights first? If not, what is his next step?

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
Can't see a fight that makes sense.

As I mentioned in the other thread... if he's gotten smaller, maybe Conor, but McGregor won't do that fight. And that would be strictly for money

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I think if he comes back it sounds like it will be a one and done thing. I don't see him fighting for the 170 belt, or any belt for that matter. If he does come back, a fight on UFC 200 makes the most sense IMO and in that case, the "superfight" between him and Anderson is really the only fight I can see making sense.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
I could definitely see a Silva fight or maybe Lawler/Condit and then retire for good. Either fight would sell like crazy but would still love to see him fight Anderson... actually maybe that's not a fight that would happen given why Silva's out now.

The Jesus*

At this rate, I'll put money on GSP winning the Welterweight title again before CM Punk making his debut.

The guy is 36 years old. Not sure what people were expecting. Training camps are rough, and I'd imagine more so for a guy like Punk. Hopefully he's got a tight group of people and isn't sparring with random people looking to make a name for themselves by drubbing him during a spar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad