Grubauer with SOTY Candidate

wayninja

Bednar's Tailor
Mar 24, 2017
The series is tied 2-2 if Grubauer doesn’t lift the pad. Remarkable save that had me cursing the TV.

If you want a highlight package for saves, watch Smith vs Grubauer this game.

Yep. Pretty much.

Grubs has been absolutely fantastic. And yet, the story-line for the goalies in this series is Mike Smith. This has been one helluva goalie duel, with Grubauer playing next level goaltending, and Mike Smith playing "Grubs, hold my beer" hockey.

Yet the Avs have the advantage due to pure onslaught. Over 110 SOG in 2 games is stupid.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Really amazing save. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but if the Aves make it to the Cup this save will be remembered.

Reactions: wayninja

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Huge save, but I'm not even sure this will crack the top 50 saves of the year to be perfectly honest.
Not only are you wrong about your assessment, but also the context is needed. If Backlund scores that, the series goes back to Calgary 2-2 instead of 3-1. That's why the save is so crucial.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I don't know about save of the year in terms of the skill required and unlikelihood of the stop being made goes. But if Colorado can go deep, it certainly can be the most important save of the year.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Lost in all of this is Erik Johnson already cowering over in pain taking a puck to the side of his helmet lmao.

Amazing save and a very fun series to watch. Makes it even better seeing the Lamers get knocked out 1st round like usual :) This time it's not against Mr. Getzlaf aka "Mayor of Alberta" either!

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Huge save, but I'm not even sure this will crack the top 50 saves of the year to be perfectly honest.

I’m sure there were better looking saves in the 2nd period of of a 5-2 win in game 37 of the regular season.

It’s a combination a great save at a huge time that makes this one special.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I’m sure there were better looking saves in the 2nd period of of a 5-2 win in game 37 of the regular season.

Usually when people refer to save or goal of the year they are referring to skill without context. This was for sure the most important save of the year so far, plus it was pretty looking!!

Kegsey

Defense be scared, Hertl coming.
Oct 20, 2011
Canada
The series is tied 2-2 if Grubauer doesn’t lift the pad. Remarkable save that had me cursing the TV.

If you want a highlight package for saves, watch Smith vs Grubauer this game.

It wouldn't have even made it to OT if not for Smith. I can't believe Colorado didn't take the lead after tying it late.

PegCityJets9

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
twitter.com
I get that it happened in a major moment in the game/series, but it still isn't a save of the year candidate. It's not even spectacular, it just looks cool.

Not only are you wrong about your assessment, but also the context is needed. If Backlund scores that, the series goes back to Calgary 2-2 instead of 3-1. That's why the save is so crucial.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad