Proposal: Grubauer and Hanifin

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I think of both Subban and Hanfin were put out on the market a lot more teams would want to deal for Hanafin. That's not to say that Subban wouldn't go for more, but Subban is that "Ho Sang" type of player that some teams want no part of at any price.

Also take into account Subban's contract and that also caps his value. Remember that he was dealt for actually a worse contract in Weber's. Subban will be playing at a high level when his contract is up...Weber will not. Think about this...

• Subban is 29 with 4 more years left at 9 million/year
  • Weber is 32 with 8 more years left at 7.85 million/year

The Predators were put in an impossible position when the Flyers signed him to a 14 year, 110 million offer sheet. They tried to get the Preds not to match, but they had to and then they wanted out of that contract and amazingly got a top-level D-man in return (because Bergevin is truly an idiot).

Anyway even if Subban is a better player, there are dents in his value that would make some teams want to pay a little less for Hanafin given his raw skills are elite as well.

It makes sense, I still believe that Subban will get dealt for a better package if him and Hanifin are both dealt this summer. I suppose time will tell and hopefully he Isles get one of them.

Reactions: IODCPiper

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Scott Stevens helped Dumba greatly from what I've read, so I want him here too then.

What's fabulous is the overlook of what we get and what we give up.

Lee - highly unlikely he gets resigned even if JT stays.
Ladd - dump
11OA - sorry, not getting a player like Dumba for 11OA
Ho Sang - Take my chances on moving him
Pelech - need to send a Dman back

Dream weaving scenario...

Kovie - JT - Bailey
Beau - Barzal - Eberle
Bellows - Riley Nash - Nelson
Johnston - Cizikas - Clutter

Leddy Dumba
De HAAN Pulock
X Boychuk
Toews, Aho or Mayfield as the X

Last edited:

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Kovy meeting with LA and SJ... :(

i think there will be lots of movement this off-season.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
What's fabulous is the overlook of what we get and what we give up.

Lee - highly unlikely he gets resigned even if JT stays.
Ladd - dump
11OA - sorry, not getting a player like Dumba for 11OA
Ho Sang - Take my chances on moving him
Pelech - need to send a Dman back

Dream weaving scenario...

Kovie - JT - Bailey
Beau - Barzal - Eberle
Bellows - Riley Nash - Nelson
Johnston - Cizikas - Clutter

Leddy Dumba
De HAAN Pulock
X Boychuk
Toews, Aho or Mayfield as the X
Dumba and Leddy getting 1D minutes? We've been down that road. Not pretty. Hope you have a stud in net or we are looking at more of the same from last season.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
Dumba and Leddy getting 1D minutes? We've been down that road. Not pretty. Hope you have a stud in net or we are looking at more of the same from last season.

Oh come on. You could go into the next season with the exact same guys on defence, but change the coaching, introduce a solid system, make forwards play even the basic defence and just that will make a huge difference. I'd like to aim higher than Dumba, though, especially in case of trading that 12OA.

But I do agree on one thing - Leddy should not be getting top pair minutes.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Oh come on. You could go into the next season with the exact same guys on defence, but change the coaching, introduce a solid system, make forwards play even the basic defence and just that will make a huge difference. I'd like to aim higher than Dumba, though, especially in case of trading that 12OA.

But I do agree on one thing - Leddy should not be getting top pair minutes.

A huge difference from LAST in the league puts us middle of the pack. If mediocrity is still what you are hoping for under LL, don't know what to tell you.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
So a upgrade on D we allow the same goals? That makes no sense.

Nope, might put us in the last ten percent instead of last in the league. Certainly not the mediocrity or culture change i'm looking for from a new GM. I don't even think Dumba is better than de Haan, and neither one of them should be 1/2D. People think the defense was so incredibly bad, but de Haan got injured and even before then you had guys playing in a higher slot than they should. Our problem was not that we didn't have defensive depth, our problem was that we were asking 3/4 guys to play 1/2 minutes because we don't have any legit 1/2 Dmen. If Lee can't get us a legit 1/2 guy then just keep him. That and a non-existent team defense system. We are destined to fix one, but it doesn't mean I want to start spending assets for middle pairing defenseman.

Instant

Feb 20, 2018
A huge difference from LAST in the league puts us middle of the pack. If mediocrity is still what you are hoping for under LL, don't know what to tell you.

Being in the middle of the pack gets us in the playoffs. NHL is a league where more than half of the teams is making the playoffs. And I don't know what to tell you if you think we'll be contending next year.

Also please do consider going back and re-reading my post again, because you clearly did not understand it correctly.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Being in the middle of the pack gets us in the playoffs. NHL is a league where more than half of the teams is making the playoffs. And I don't know what to tell you if you think we'll be contending next year.

Also please do consider going back and re-reading my post again, because you clearly did not understand it correctly.

Except i'm talking about being middle of the pack in the league. The West and East are not equal. Being middle of the pack might allow us to squeak in in the West, but not the East.

And your right about your comment, I didn't not read it thoroughly. However, you should realize that starting a post with the tone "oh come on", would probably lead anybody to not entirely consume what you are saying. Since we are giving each other advice, mine would be to not inject so much dramatic tone in what you have to say.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3