GDT: Group S • May 7 • Czech Republic 4, Norway 3 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
That`s awesome :handclap: do you follow Dinamo riga by any chance?

Is having Dinamo Riga in KHL good or bad for the latvian hockey development in your oppinion. Does it increase interest for hockey, or does it mean the latvian league gets worse, and no good chance for young players to get experience?

member 116805

Just made some norwegian salmon rolls with
belgian shrimps and remembered I need to
watch the game too.

Go NOR!:handclap: Well done so far!

Thanks for supporting Norwegian salmon export! :laugh:

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
Agreed. The Swiss got alot of talent! No doubt about that. I would rank the top 16 like this
The best
1 Canada
2 Sweden
3 Russia
4 USA
5 Finland
6 Check rep
7 Swiss
8 Slovakia
9 Germany
10 Belarus
11 Latvia
-------------------------
Weaker teams
12 Denmark
13 Norway
14 Austria
15 France
16 Slovenia
-------------------

But i maybe wrong, but thats my opinion.

Imo there's 7 top teams (Slovakia dropping down to the lower tier soon if things don't change), and then there's 5 medium teams that are always looking to challenge the bigger teams. I think it's not really fair for Norway and Denmark to put them in the same basket as Austria France and Slovenia, obviously these teams are way weaker.

Also I don't agree having Belarus that high. To me, they have some high-end players but mainly they are playing defensive anti-hockey, which makes it very hard to challenge top teams in the long run.
IMO it goes like this:

8. Switzerland
9. Germany
10a. Denmark
10b. Norway
12. Latvia
13. Belarus

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
I ask since what has happened in Men's handball here with AG København, that can play games against the best spanish and german teams (21.000 for a handball match against Barcelona), if we get a huge succes one day in hockey, someone might be tempted to make a Super-Copenhagen hockey team to play in KHL or SEL (join with Malmö Redhawks). It's not possible yet, but maybe in some years.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Is having Dinamo Riga in KHL good or bad for the latvian hockey development in your oppinion. Does it increase interest for hockey, or does it mean the latvian league gets worse, and no good chance for young players to get experience?

Well opnion differs about this,it does increase popularity as Dinamo riga gets known even by people who before didnt even care about hockey so thats good,yes latvian league is worse but i dont see it as a loss, and no lots of young players get expierience in Dinamo riga,also before that we have team in mhl(junior hockey league)-hk riga,bye the way the same team where Indrasis comes from our best goal scorer for NT this wc,he will be playing in dinamo riga no doubt about,he has the skill.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
That`s awesome :handclap: do you follow Dinamo riga by any chance?

I used to watch some random games from the KHL. Most games from swedish television. I dnt understand a word of latvian or russian :P Nice arena u guys got btw ;) It was closed when i was there :(

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I used to watch some random games from the KHL. Most games from swedish television. I dnt understand a word of latvian or russian :P Nice arena u guys got btw ;) It was closed when i was there :(

Yea our marketing guys have to step it up,were always happy to hear we`ve got international fans for our team.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Well opnion differs about this,it does increase popularity as Dinamo riga gets known even by poeple who before didnt even care about hockey so thats good,yes latvian league is worse but i dont see it as a loss, and no lots of young players get expierience in Dinamo riga,also before that we have team in mhl(junior hockey league)-hk riga,bye the way the same team where Indrasis comes from our best goal scorer for NT this wc,he will be playing in dinamo riga no doubt about,he has the skill.

It could be interesting for a super team in Copenhagen, but maybe KHL will be too far away for Danish spectators interest. SEL is more promising, joining with Skåne to beat some swedes might get something for the press to work on :yo:

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
It could be interesting for a super team in Copenhagen, but maybe KHL will be too far away for Danish spectators interest. SEL is more promising, joining with Skåne to beat some swedes might get something for the press to work on :yo:

It all depends if khl will be interested in Danish hockey market which looks promising.

Justinov

Apr 30, 2012
Copenhagen
Norway have lots of oil, but I hope their players have gas enough for the last period. Maybe Holøs runs on seal blubber or fish oil???

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
It's just if they want to draw in danish spectators. It's a long way to Sibiria :laugh:

I feel what khl will do in years to come is focus more on bigger hockey markets teams that are not progressing small arenas,no marketing,no hd cameras for games and so on will be disbanded ,so probably in 5-10 years there wont be any siberian teams amur and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad