GDT: Group S • May 4 • Sweden 3, Norway 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 116805

Congratulations to Sweden, good win. Guess you dont have to hold your breath any longer lol

SwedenCanada

Sep 22, 2011
Sweden
The announcer in the arena said 6000 people, but they corrected it to 7700 people later on. (Don't know how you can make a misscalculation on 1700 people).

I think there's 2 levels in the arena, guess many had tickets for the upper level (since they were a lot cheaper).

Last edited:

TheEkbombIsReal

Paaaaaanthers
Aug 19, 2011
Gothenburg
The announcer in the arena said 6000 in the arena, but they corrected it to 7700 later on. (Don't know how you can make a miss on 1700 people.

I think there's 2 levels in the arena, guess many had tickets for the upper level (since they were a lot cheaper).

Think so too, hope more people will show up. Would love to go but as a student the price is a bit too much sadly :cry:

Oyabun

Dec 29, 2009
This was like the exact opposite of Germany's opening game when they hosted the WHC.

WHat a bunch of idiots, they are killing the atmosphere of the whole event with these ticket prices. Why can't they set the same prices as we see for the Swedish football national team.

Jocke

Feb 9, 2010
The announcer in the arena said 6000 people, but they corrected it to 7700 people later on. (Don't know how you can make a misscalculation on 1700 people).

There are 3 levels. Lower bowl prices are just ridiculous (1500kr) which people aren't willing to spend on a game against Norway. That's probably why it looked so empty on TV.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
There are 3 levels. Lower bowl prices are just ridiculous (1500kr) which people aren't willing to spend on a game against Norway. That's probably why it looked so empty on TV.

And there are only two small sections(nosebleed seats) that you can get "cheap". Cheap as in €50 or so. Everything else is about a €90 or more.

Sad because it's in everyone's interest to get a full building and home support.

Lugaid

Hajlajtreelmål!
May 28, 2008
Stockholm
This was like the exact opposite of Germany's opening game when they hosted the WHC.

WHat a bunch of idiots, they are killing the atmosphere of the whole event with these ticket prices. Why can't they set the same prices as we see for the Swedish football national team.

Agreed.

Good game, though. I'm happy with how we played, considering it's the first game of the tournament and everything. Not really disappointed with anyone.

Norway has a good team, and it's interesting, they're getting better for each year, and I think they have a similar playstyle to Sweden, no wonder since a lot of norwegian players play in Sweden, but still. It's gonna be very interesting to see if this trend continues.

Eidyia

Jan 5, 2011
Oulu

Hey! At least one thing you guys are doing as bad as we are! :yo: :shakehead

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
That was the best I've seen from Zetterberg in like 3 years.

And why doesn't Franzen put in that kind of effort on the Wings?

Karlsson made some ridiculous plays...both ways. So he was kinda him self.

Landeskog was really bad. I have no idea where this hype comes from? Or perhaps he's playing injured like the commentators were hinting?

Hedman still fits in the category I've had him in since the first time I saw him play. Physically gifted but with a poor vision and positioning. He's simply not a very intelligent hockey player.

leksig

Sep 22, 2008
Sweden
Saw an interview with Zetterberg in expressen after the game and you could tell how disappointed he was to play in a half full arena. Ofcourse he understands it's because the prizes of the tickets but to come home to play for your homecountry infront of that crowd must feel sad.
I hope the organizers actually apologize for this. This is freaking embarrassing too see.:cry:

Lugaid

Hajlajtreelmål!
May 28, 2008
Stockholm
Yeah, although Zetterberg always has a neutral mood in interviews, he's always very calm and tries to answer diplomatically. It's fun to see Franzen, he comes off as a very quiet guy in Detroit interviews but he's quite charismatic in swedish interviews, it's cool to see. They're all a bit disappointed in the poor attendance, but both the players and the people are sort of against the federation fatcats way of setting prices, so hopefully they will fold and make sure we get full houses for the rest of the tournament.

WayneBruce

Jun 16, 2011
Landeskog was really bad. I have no idea where this hype comes from? Or perhaps he's playing injured like the commentators were hinting?

He was not that bad, none of the players were bad but some were more noticeable than others. He is also coming back from an injury and has only played one game the last few weeks.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Agreed.

Good game, though. I'm happy with how we played, considering it's the first game of the tournament and everything. Not really disappointed with anyone.

Norway has a good team, and it's interesting, they're getting better for each year, and I think they have a similar playstyle to Sweden, no wonder since a lot of norwegian players play in Sweden, but still. It's gonna be very interesting to see if this trend continues.

(Unfortunately) it takes years and years and more years for a nation to build up a hockey organisation that is able to consistently compete on a high level against the big boys (i.e. CAN, USA, CZE, SVK, FIN, SWE, RUS). It's has become easier for other teams to shake things up a bit but they are a looooong way off being serious contenders. We're stuck with the "big 7" for many more years which I in some ways think is a bit of a shame.

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Pretty good game from Sweden, Norway fought hard and kept it close, but the win for Sweden was sealed at 2-1 already.

The good: Zäta, Loui, Enroth (good to see that he can play decent btw), Kruger, Hjalmarsson, Silver (just for his goal, he wasnt THAT good othewise, but a goals a goal), + team defense except for Karlssons defense. Karlssons offense.

The meh: The rest.

The Redden: The refs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad