GDT: Group H • May 6 • Switzerland 3, Belarus 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunabai

Aug 10, 2011
Minsk
Little bit = two goals ? :laugh: What can I say, you sure are lenient.

i am :sarcasm:

graborenko cleaning up his own mistake looked good, koval definitely wanted to put the third right there :)
it was good second period, now it's time to make things happen
waiting for grabovski finally contribute with a against-bruins-esque play

Last edited:

ozo

Feb 24, 2010
Of course both games goes into intermission at the same time time. :shakehead Hoped to catch a glimpse of Belarus, by the looks of it, you guys finally have put it together and are a potential QF team once again.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
btw. I have a ton of respect for Grabovski that he comes to play for Belarus every year despite of a slim chance to win a medal. This is how all players would be in my perfect world.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Nino is having a great game, huge on PK, many puck-wins, creates so much room for his teammates.

And Romy with a great goal.

chokei

Dec 31, 2011
Zürich
btw. I have a ton of respect for Grabovski that he comes to play for Belarus every year despite of a slim chance to win a medal. This is how all players would be in my perfect world.

There are at least 17 other players on that team, Grabovski playing in the NHL shouldn't mean anything. I hate it when players do that. If those players made the playoffs in the NHL, they would be playing anyway. Unless you're hurt and you're a useful addition to your countrys team, you should play IMO.

After 2 years absence, Streit is playing again for Switzerland. Sbisa has a good mentality and tries to come everytime he's not hurt, Hiller declined because he's tired after a monster season (which I understand, he really played a lot), and Josi is still in action with Nashville, Diaz and Weber are both hurt.

And there is the goal for Switzerland. 3-2 now, this Brunner-Romy-Moser line is looking awesome this game! :handclap:

kunabai

Aug 10, 2011
Minsk
tough loss, we almost can say goodbye to the quarter-finals
i am really sad now, we played not bad game, i thought that we would look weaker, but it turned out into a good battle

congrats to swiss, though
good luck in next games

chokei

Dec 31, 2011
Zürich
not much interest in this game it seems...

Switzerland wins 3-2. Domination in the first period, after that it was more even, but over the whole game the win is totally deserved. In 8 duels on the WC level, Switzerland has now 7 wins against Belorussia. But still, those games are always hard fought.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Very entertaining game, really glad Tobi had a solid game! Has been one of my favorite goalies since he got drafted by the Stars. Made a huge stop on the penalty shot to secure the victory.

kunabai

Aug 10, 2011
Minsk
not much interest in this game it seems...

Switzerland wins 3-2. Domination in the first period, after that it was more even, but over the whole game the win is totally deserved. In 8 duels on the WC level, Switzerland has now 7 wins against Belorussia. But still, those games are always hard fought.

man, don't lie please :D:D:D

we had 4-4 record against switzerland before this game at the wc
with belarus' wins in 1996(4-2), 1997 (6-5), 2000 (5-3, came back from 0-3 deficit), 2006 (2-1)
with losses at 2001, 2005, 2008, 2011

so there are last 3 games you've won

Last edited:

swisdan

Feb 18, 2005
earth
qube.cpacon.com
Well deserved for Switzerland. Stephan made 2 huge again Grabovski late in the game. And what a pass from Brunner for the beautiful goal from Romy.
Lokk very bad for Moser.

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
tough loss, we almost can say goodbye to the quarter-finals
i am really sad now, we played not bad game, i thought that we would look weaker, but it turned out into a good battle

congrats to swiss, though
good luck in next games

I'm sad too for this result. I usually have Belarus as the second country I root for. It's based on my childhood when I was watching them playing at WC and loved their names, especially I remember Skabelka from that time :) I also really enjoed 2002 Olympics, you know which game.

kunabai

Aug 10, 2011
Minsk
I'm sad too for this result. I usually have Belarus as the second country I root for. It's based on my childhood when I was watching them playing at WC and loved their names, especially I remember Skabelka from that time :) I also really enjoed 2002 Olympics, you know which game.

lol, yeah

skabelka was good player with nice playmaking ability, one of the top all-time scorers
btw, he is one of the assistants if i'm not mistaken

chrigu6

May 5, 2012
Nino is having a great game, huge on PK, many puck-wins, creates so much room for his teammates.

And Romy with a great goal.

I especially like his positioning in front of the net. Although he hasn't scored yet, he is standing close to the goaltender all the time. Switzerland was missing such a player in the past.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
jonas2244, posted that Nino had a great game,played huge on the PK, with many puck-wins, created so much room for his teammates.

Artorein posted he played with zero confidence, after playing in NY.

Amazing how they can watch the same game,the same player and have completely different views.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
jonas2244, posted that Nino had a great game,played huge on the PK, with many puck-wins, created so much room for his teammates.

Amazing how they can watch the same game,the same player and have completely different views.

In my words

Defensive output: great :yo:
Offensive output: Barely inexistent :cry:

ElTailR

Apr 13, 2012
Geneva

And i think both of them are right. Nino made good forechecking the entire game and was present phisically but you can't miss that empty net... A guy with confidence should have scored this one

I hope Moser is not out for the whole tournament but i think it was serious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad