GDT: Group B - May 5 - Finland vs Korea

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
The highlight of the match has been the extremely good looking Korean girl in the stands.

Or maybe I just have a thing for Asians.

This has been a cakewalk. Expected a struggleshow.

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
I would say Kapanen is a traditional middle 6 player/2nd PP guy. Hes blazing fast and responsible defensively but his hands and shot arent good enough to a traditional top line player. Hes probably a 20-20 guy for most of his career.
I think he has the talent to be a TOP 6 player, his hands are good and has a decent shot. Isn't a TOP 6 NHL player today but could be one day, is what I'm saying.

JustaFinnishGuy

Mar 3, 2016
Finland
The speed is what our boys have never experienced. Don't be too hard on us haha.
I'd argue they have experienced our 'speed' since like half of our current team is on the level of players who played against Korea in the Olympics

JustaFinnishGuy

Mar 3, 2016
Finland
The level of difficulty isn't as same as the Olympics as you have added active NHLers.
And some good ones at that. I mostly wanted to raise that point because they certainly didn't get as outmatched in the Olympics by our boys.
Expected more. I want more small hockey countries to up their game since it makes the games more interesting. There's really only 6* competitors in these games anyway since it goes

Canada

USA SWEDEN FINLAND CZECH RUSSIA*

the rest

An Asian competitor for the traditional hockey countries could spark China's interest into the game.
And the overall skill gap rises on international ice.

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
And some good ones at that. I mostly wanted to raise that point because they certainly didn't get as outmatched in the Olympics by our boys.
Expected more. I want more small hockey countries to up their game since it makes the games more interesting. There's really only 5 competitors in these games anyway since it goes

Canada

USA SWEDEN FINLAND CZECH

the rest

An Asian competitor for the traditional hockey countries could spark China's interest into the game.
Russia is no longer considered a contender?

Jaska

Oct 1, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
Expected more. I want more small hockey countries to up their game since it makes the games more interesting. There's really only 5 competitors in these games anyway since it goes

Canada

USA SWEDEN FINLAND CZECH

the rest

I would add Russia to the mix...

Trilliann

Tier 2 fan
May 12, 2016
Below Replacement Level

Canada

USA SWEDEN FINLAND CZECH

the rest

Haha I'd say Russia is up there too.. :D

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
I know that we be winning Korea, easily, but i do not like our line combo's

Rantanen RW, plays LW
Granlund LW, plays C
Aho LW, plays C
Mäenalanen RW, plays LW
Pesonen LW, plays C

I know that Granlund and Aho can play center,
but there lies a huge risk playing them off position
what they have played the entire season.

Also Rantanen playing LW worries me. - Only 1 natural center in the line up -

And what is this nonsense that Heiskanen wouldn't play PP, that's not true, no?
Aho is a very good center in fact. The best in the team in fact. And he will be a center in the NHL in the future too. So no use to play any others over him there, or otherwise the team gets handicapped. Granlund is also better as a center than any other Finn than Aho. It is the right decision from Marjamäki definitely to play them as centers. Also the lines look very good otherwise too. Of course not optimal that Rantanen plays on his off wing, but they can quite much switch sides in the play with Kapanen, so this should not really be a problem after all. I think you are massively overreacting here.

I don’t like Marjamäki at all as a coach, but I have to admit that now he seems to have done well with the lines after all.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
South Korea need to show some 하키 활용 능력 if they want to win this game. There's too much 부주의 한ing about so far.

JustaFinnishGuy

Mar 3, 2016
Finland
The complacency is setting in nicely.
They'll start to play as soon as Korea scores one*

*gets to shoot

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad