GDT: Group B - May 4 - Germany vs Denmark

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Great game. Gonna look forward to the home crowd and what I think will be a red sea of Denmark jerseys

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
why is this game not on tv2 danmark or dr1 dr2? why are they bury this game in tv2 sport ?

is it same in germany, the game is also shown in a hidden sports channel ?

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
why is this game not on tv2 danmark or dr1 dr2? why are they bury this game in tv2 sport ?

Hockey is the 4th smallest sport in Denmark with just 8000 members registred with the danish icehockey union in 2018. Theres very little hype outside of social media, the already established fans and Herning.

Its not worth it for TV2 to show it on the main channel. Would disrupt their normal schedule in prime time.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Hockey is the 4th smallest sport in Denmark with just 8182 members registred with the danish icehockey union in 2018. Theres very little hype outside of social media, the already established fans and Herning.

Its not worth it for TV2 to show it on the main channel. Would disrupt their normal schedule in prime time.

would be perfect time to show some good hockey for the danish people, i am sure vast majority would fall in love with the sport and think that this is more enteraining than handball/soccer . too bad .thats how i got into hockey, svt was showing sweden versus russia/czech/finland in euro hockey tour .

ThaiTanicDK

Oct 26, 2016
would be perfect time to show some good hockey for the danish people, i am sure vast majority would fall in love with the sport and think that this is more enteraining than handball/soccer . too bad .thats how i got into hockey, svt was showing sweden versus russia/czech/finland in euro hockey tour .

TV2 is a commercial station. They dont work with or for the danish hockey union to spread a sport. They are here to make money. There is hardly any money in broadcasting hockey in Denmark.

Reactions: Quonis

Frannel

Dec 27, 2017
Berlin

Yes, it is shown on Sport 1 in Germany, which basically is a hidden channel...

hage

Mar 9, 2011
Reactions: Frannel

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Hockey is the 4th smallest sport in Denmark with just 8000 members registred with the danish icehockey union in 2018. Theres very little hype outside of social media, the already established fans and Herning.

It's all about money - People pay extra for sport via tv or tv2play.

TV2 could easily show the games (at least the Danish games) there with enough viewers - Im sure what they show isn't that important..

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
I had a look at the front page of Jyllands Posten's web site and the tournament seems to be well covered. There's actually a section called "VM i ishockey" and both of the afternoon games to start the tournament were covered.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
It's all about money - People pay extra for sport via tv or tv2play.

TV2 could easily show the games (at least the Danish games) there with enough viewers - Im sure what they show isn't that important..

It would mean that they had to move Dancing with the stars or Denmark got Talent (we really dont have any), and that would mean a lot of lost watchers I think.

Reactions: kabidjan18

Hulide

Jul 12, 2017

Because woman soccer is shown on dr or tv2 but not hockey ... Yeah its crazy...

Reactions: QuietContrarian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad