GDT: Group B - May 14 - Canada vs Latvia

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
In AHL the allstar rosters are determined by committees of AHL coaches,not fan voting.
Jesus.

Anyway,back to the game.
His AHL record has been below average since Day 1. Just look it up, son.

Reynys

Apr 30, 2011
while we are not completely helpless, Canada has well deserved lead. Nothing unexpected so far.

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
while we are not completely helpless, Canada has well deserved lead. Nothing unexpected so far.
I saw the exhibition game against Canada and this game looks exactly the same. The Canadians are not trying very hard, we have a couple of chances here and there, but the difference in skill is so obvious, we don't stand a chance anyway. We're going to run out of juice soon, and it's going to get uglier.

Reynys

Apr 30, 2011
I saw the exhibition game against Canada and this game looks exactly the same. The Canadians are not trying very hard, we have a couple of chances here and there, but the difference in skill is so obvious, we don't stand a chance anyway. We're going to run out of juice soon, and it's going to get uglier.
I guess I have the same feeling about this game.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I have a feeling that we will give up too much energy and will get run over by Denmark tomorrow

Yep. I kinda prefer being blown out if that means saving energy for denmark. Danes have stacked their schedule pretty heavily in favour of themselves that we just cant be wasting away in games we cant win.

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Man this game is so exci..zzzzzzz

But seriously, first IIHF game I've tuned into for Canada so far, and they look pretty bad lol...and if I'm looking at the standings right, if they finish in the 3rd spot they're in right now and Russia finishes 2nd in Group A...early exit for them this year I guess.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I don't see Canada medaling. They can trash nothing teams, struggle with and of the real hockey nations it seems like.

The team seems to be built fine outside of goaltending but Peters doesn't seem to get the guys going very well.

GX

Dec 28, 2011
Sadly, a recipe for a huge upset means scoring on the chances you have.

Reynys

Apr 30, 2011
while Canada probably could shift into another gear if needed, they didn't really looked that superior over Latvia this period.
edit: in fact the way this game is now, it wont be surprising if Latvia equalized.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
At work can't tune in, what's the score?

Sounds like Canada isn't playing very well.

Reynys

Apr 30, 2011
At work can't tune in, what's the score?

Sounds like Canada isn't playing very well.
1:0
as much as Canada pushed in the beginning of the game, now the game is a lot more even. so yeah, you could say that they are not playing the way what you would expect from Canada.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Mcdavid is the x-factor for any game. He's the main reason you want to avoid playing Canada in the qf. One gets the feeling he is just going to break out for a 5 point game all of a sudden.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad