GDT: Group B - February 17 - Russia (4) vs USA (0)

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Not saying that Russia is definitely guilty but I don't think the Americans have a national system of doping either. If it's done, it's on an individual basis.

If we have a national system of doping, it's one where authorities are massively complicit in turning a blind eye. Athletes use PED's on their own but the USOC has to know the where, what, when and how, yet do nothing.

That colossal gymnastic sex abuse scandal is a symptom of this hands-off 'hear no evil, see no evil' style of management.

DarkReign

Jan 30, 2008
Seriously?

Russia’s B or C team beat the USA’s G team.

News at 11, outrage and shock at 11:30

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Like the IOC and IIHF? If they win a gold medal it doesn't count on Russia's record, that's not a troll it's just the truth.
It would still count albeit unofficially. It would be utterly idiotic to claim that the gold won by OAR was not won by Russia.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
It would still count albeit unofficially. It would be utterly idiotic to claim that the gold won by OAR was not won by Russia.

No it wouldn't. Something can't count unofficially, if they win gold that gold will not be listed in Russia's hockey totals. They aren't competing as Russia and the record books will reflect that.

This isn't trolling or making fun of Russia it's just what the reality of the situation is.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
No it wouldn't. Something can't count unofficially, if they win gold that gold will not be listed in Russia's hockey totals. They aren't competing as Russia and the record books will reflect that.

This isn't trolling or making fun of Russia it's just what the reality of the situation is.

Yes, it would. Unofficially.

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Sure people can pretend it counts all they like, the record books will reflect the truth.
People can pretend all they like that OAR is not Russia. It's just common sense vs bureaucratic technicality.

P.S. When my dog passed away in 2007, I got a death certificate with my name on it instead of my dear pet's name. I kept it just for fun. The record books always reflect the truth )

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad