GDT: Group A - May 15 - Switzerland vs France

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
If you know how Rod normally checks and you saw that checks he clearly stepped back.

Great work by Vermin on that goal.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
If you know how Rod normally checks and you saw that checks he clearly stepped back.

Great work by Vermin on that goal.

True. Still, you should know you risk a penalty in that kind of situation, those are the standards at the WC and you have to adapt.

duga

Jan 28, 2010
Zuerich
Frick is so cool headed with the puck in the d-zone.

Surprise of the tournament for Switzerland.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Happy with the score, not the much with the effort. It felt like some guys like Andrighetto or Fiala weren't always trying, which is not acceptable when you have a quartfinal ahead.

And congratulation to Dave Henderson, he brought his team to a level that was unthinkable when he took over. France will have trouble staying around that level without him.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
If you win 5-1 in a wc-game there is imho not much to critizise. Dominated from the first to the last second of the game. Josi is such an amazing player. I'm sure the team can score 3 goals against Finland, too. It's just the question if they can hold the Finns to the same amount or less.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
Happy with the score, not the much with the effort. It felt like some guys like Andrighetto or Fiala weren't always trying, which is not acceptable when you have a quartfinal ahead.

And congratulation to Dave Henderson, he brought his team to a level that was unthinkable when he took over. France will have trouble staying around that level without him.
Yep, Henderson and assistant Pousse took a bad old team in Division 1 and lead them to elite, becoming a younger team.
Under their watch, hald of the team reached the higher levels (NHL, KHL, NLA, Liiga, Extraliga...) and they managed to beat Russia, Canada and Finland.
I was in Quebec in 2008 for the 1st worlds. Never could have imagined such a success.

Now, it's time for Philippe Bozon to succeed. He has better fondations : the players are better now, there are kids on the rise. He must keep that never-say-die attitude, this hard working, blue collar team, for us to have a chance to keep staying in elite.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Yep, Henderson and assistant Pousse took a bad old team in Division 1 and lead them to elite, becoming a younger team.
Under their watch, hald of the team reached the higher levels (NHL, KHL, NLA, Liiga, Extraliga...) and they managed to beat Russia, Canada and Finland.
I was in Quebec in 2008 for the 1st worlds. Never could have imagined such a success.

Now, it's time for Philippe Bozon to succeed. He has better fondations : the players are better now, there are kids on the rise. He must keep that never-say-die attitude, this hard working, blue collar team, for us to have a chance to keep staying in elite.

If my calculations are correct, France should have GB in the group next year, so staying up shouldn't be a problem. That being said, Bozon's career as a coach is anything but impressive, and I would even dare to say that he never looked to me like he could ever be a successful coach. I don't get the logic behind that hiring. Add the fact that the player material is not as good as it was a few years ago, when you had the Meunier/Desrosiers/Amar, Bellemare/Hecquefeuille and Da Costa/Auvitu generations all contributing, and I can't see France challenge for a quarterfinal spot any time soon. They still have some margin over the elevator teams though.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
I agree. GB has some fighting spirit and they won't be as easy prey as expected.
But we should win that one.

The logic for the Bozon hiring has several components :
-a foreigner coach is too expansive
-Bozon, as a former NT player, has the same values the staff like (toughness, working hard, team spirit)
-the other choice was Luciano Basile, who won 3 titles in French league but has a spirited character that doesn't fit well for a lot of people. He was the favorite for the job and even some medias announced him, just before the federation came with Bozon.

We'll see what happens, but we still have valuable assets coming in. We played 7 kids this year and all did well. Now, they have to step up to become the new leaders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad