GDT: Group A • Feb. 15 • United States vs. Russia • Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Core of JVR/Kessel. I'm jealous of the Leafs. They have amazing chemistry. Can you imagine if they had a legit number one center!??!

Bozak plays well between them, but a #1 center would throw that line over the top. I'm hoping Nonis will figure something out. Wouldn't mind Pavelski, but San Jose wouldn't think of trading him.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Please play it smart and DON'T put kesler on the PK for the rest of this game. Is risking losing him all tourney worth one period?, imo no.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I'm glad I've always liked Kessel. It felt dirty since he's been a Bruin and Leaf, but now it feels natural.

Jot

Mar 10, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
This game is really highlighting the difference between Kane and Kessel's play style.

Kane relies mostly on his creativity and amazing hands.

Where as, Kessel plays a more simple game relying on his speed and decision making.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Great Period. Datsyuk was amazing. Ovechkin had a great 2nd period. JVR was great.

RastaRockett

Apr 12, 2013
Dive or no dive you shouldn't be putting your stick around a guy with one second left! Stupid play by Kane.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Remember when people thought the kessel trade was the worst trade in decades a few years back?.

ya, about that :laugh:

Guy is a superstar (see I say good things about leafs also!)

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Not Kane's best game tonight. He's trying too hard to deke...just use your speed, the D will back off. He even tried to go 1 on 4 earlier and it led to a turnover chance the other way.

Play like you did against Slovakia...speed through the neutral zone...that's the advantage of the big ice.

That penalty was BS though :laugh:. I hope the refs put away their whistles in the third...both teams have good PP's and one bad call can change the game entirely.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Bozak plays well between them, but a #1 center would throw that line over the top. I'm hoping Nonis will figure something out. Wouldn't mind Pavelski, but San Jose wouldn't think of trading him.

I "wouldn't mind" Pavelski either :laugh:

Guy' s a champ in my book

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
OK brown, it's time for you to troll it up and get this to 4 on 4 somehow. Make it happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad