GDT: Group A • Dec. 26 • Finland vs. USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Yeah, there has been like 6-7 posts about that typo, you all know what he mean't just reply with something proper. Pretty ridiculous that some of us think it's really that funny.

Yup. Cut the guy a break.

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
well it was first real game in small ice for finns. IMAAGINE how much better we will just get.

Its no wonder we are the regaining champs. we will beat these americans if we face later on.

Canada should be scared.

And 2016 Puljujärvi >>>>> Mathews

It will be a Finland vs Russia/Sweden final again.

Kharkov

Jun 28, 2013
Nedeljkovic is one of them, was the best goalie at the U-18s last year and is ridiculously athletic. On the smaller side (6'0), very much a reflexes goalie.

Not having the greatest year with Plymouth though, but that team's awful on the whole this year.
Is he going to play?

Demko looked shaky atleast in first period but was better later I think.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Bluh... My phone decided "speaking up" made more sense than "sneaking up".

Damn lazy by me.

Also, I respectfully agree with your sarcasm!

but everyone always predict before games that, so it must be right, right?

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Where did I say that they played badly?Only thing that I said was that Husso saved their ass and I dont think that it's wrong to say that.They did have their chances and they played great but the fact is that Husso made some great saves that should have been goals.So to be clear I'm more than happy about their play today and not whining.

Ok - I just got wrongly a sort of "steal" impression from your post. You can say that after maybe 45-10 in shots and 9-2 in great scoring chances, but this game was pretty even, so it's difficult to point just to Husso as good as he was.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I was unimpressed with Auston Matthews. But then I remember that he's younger than anyone out there. Still thought he would be at least "average". That line with him and Schmaltz was rough.

Finns have '16 eligible guy aswell.

You could definitely see why Matthews is considered among the best players in the '16 draft, he's great skater with good size.

People saying that he's the clear #1 pick are kidding themselves though. The guy was a puck hog in that game and took 2 stupid penalties after turning the puck over. I was more impressed with Puljujarvi in this game although he was playing much smaller role.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Is he going to play?

Demko looked shaky atleast in first period but was better later I think.

Not sure. Being Canes property I'd like to see it happen but right now I think it's Demko's job to lose.

The US has used 2 goalies in the tournament in the past though, notably 2010 when they won the gold and rotated between Mike Lee and Jack Campbell.

They also have Brandon Halverson there this year. Not sure which of the two they'd go with between Ned and Halverson.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Finns have '16 eligible guy aswell.

You could definitely see why Matthews is considered among the best players in the '16 draft, he's great skater with good size.

People saying that he's the clear #1 pick are kidding themselves though. The guy was a puck hog in that game and took 2 stupid penalties after turning the puck over. I was more impressed with Puljujarvi in this game although he was playing much smaller role.

I've been most impressed by Laine, pity he is not playing..

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
The talent is there, but quite a disappointing game for the US. Not enough shots, not enough intensity, too much individual play, mental errors, poor passing, bobbled pucks, unimaginative and slow-developing PP. The PK was easily the best aspect of this game.

It often takes top teams a few games to establish themselves in this tourney, and the coaching staff to determine the best combinations. I expect the US to learn plenty from this game, and be much better from here on out.

Finns played a fine game, and could have easily won. As usual, they had excellent goaltending and elevated their game against a favored opponent.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
well it was first real game in small ice for finns. IMAAGINE how much better we will just get.

Its no wonder we are the regaining champs. we will beat these americans if we face later on.

Canada should be scared.

And 2016 Puljujärvi >>>>> Mathews

It will be a Finland vs Russia/Sweden final again.

canada should certainly respect the Finns. I don't think they should/will fear anybody.

Giuseppe Sallo

ELE-VAT-ED
Apr 20, 2007
Back to L.A
twitter.com
I respect the Finns, they are my pick to win GOLD. Why? Cause they can forecheck and play hard. Defence can win games but you also need timely scoring. Canada & USA are favorites but they gotta respect their opponents.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
I meant Canada won't fear anybody.

But I don't think Finland should fear Sweden either.

Canara fearing any other country :laugh: give me a break. They're no.1 to beat always in hockey no matter stage, age or gender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad