Post-Game Talk: GROUNDHOG DAY! Oil 4, Lolfs 2

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
they're coming off 3 games in 4 nights and about to play another 3 games in 4 nights so sounds like a bad idea
It’s incredible how many don’t think before they post.

Did he say that they were playing great?
Yep he was having a great time by the looks of it.

You realize they don’t always say what they think, they follow the team script.
Which ones said they were playing poorly?

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
This team is purposeless. Even if they make the playoffs they aren't doing shit when they get there.

Their best is not good enough, we've seen it game after game. Great effort tonight. Not enough.

Serious re-tool is required. Else, you're going to get the same thing year-in-year-out.

Up to MLSE if they give a fck I guess. I do not think it's the coach.
You don't put yourfuking 4th line out with 2 minutes left, he is the problem, the fuking guy is an ahl coach at best. They need a stern, hot head of a coach, kinda tortz'ish. They get silk towels in the locker room and every goddammit excuse from the coach come post game interview time. Move Marnier, fire Keefe, pick up a top 4d, shake sht up.

• Haha
Reactions: wingman75

weems

Jul 3, 2008
""

This is a really good piece. I highly recommend reading it.

Great article.

Everyone brings up our defence and it's shortcomings but this article proves that our offence is putting them in tough positions because they rank so low in Ozone possession time, 32nd in offensive zone touches success rate and 32nd in offensive zone passing success rate and #1 in pass to slot tendency. A huge part in winning games and winning championships is being able to close games out and not beating yourself with careless mistakes. A good way to limit the time that your suspect defence has to defend is being able to control the puck in the offensive zone, not turn it over and burn clock. This team isn't currently managing the puck very well in many areas of the ice and the stats Bourne posted back up the eye test.

Last edited:

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
I thought high school courses are required for CHL players.
A lot of them say they have learning disabilities like my friends son who was drafted by an OHL team. They are then basically flushed through the system with a pass on everything they do. It's the same thing as it was a long time ago...except learning disabilities are the new " I don't have to learn this stuff because I am going to play in the big show". It's actually a tragedy that they let all these kids use that excuse that really don't have any disability at all. If they don't make it in the OHL and progress they are screwed for life with no education.

Reactions: MSZ

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Yup. They have done less then nothing to fix this team but piled even more money on a couple of players that can’t get it done.
What truly boggles the mind is some people think we could never do without any of these

i was never a Tre fan but I wanted to give him a chance because we had to dump Dubas but I never thought Tre would be just a stupid as Dubas

He should be bag skating some of them today

Well we are clearly a worse team now than we were with Dubas and it’s entirely due to the fact that we replaced decent defensive players with horrible ones. Dubas is simply a drastically superior GM.

Reactions: Lauro

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Both Schenn and ROR have been around the block and couldn't get the F out of here fast enough...should be a red flag.

EXACTLY

Sportsnet interview with Kris Versteeg nails how its the team culture, and its also a big part of the coach and how to build team comeraderie.

Core 4 need to be split. We signed 34 and 88, let Marner and JT go for assets.

No sense of future for these 1 year contract callups with a coach that doesn't help us with details and culture, and doesn't hold core 4 accountable, and Marner says its all fine and dandy.

Schenn and ROR probably went on about a speech on winning and Marner was like shrug, I did play well, its us VS them, and hey I got paid. meh.

Change NOW

Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Well we are clearly a worse team now than we were with Dubas and it’s entirely due to the fact that we replaced decent defensive players with horrible ones. Dubas is simply a drastically superior GM.

We're worse because of a few new secondary pieces?

I guess we're ignoring the fact that JT, Brodie, Gio, and Samsonov have been awful this year. You can throw McCabe in there, and Marner has taken a step back.

We had these issues in the playoffs last year with all those defensive wizards. Inconsistent play, couldn't hold leads, couldn't score for long stretches

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
If you think consistently scoring only 1 or 2 goals is good enough to win in this era of the NHL then you're out to lunch.

All those players you named play on teams that can score more than 1 or 2 goals in big games.

We never get that extra goal. Always a goal short.

Our defense isnt what killed us last night. It was lack of execution on all the chances we had to blow the lead wide open in the first and second period.
The last time the Leafs scored only 1 goal was in October and they scored 3 goals twice during this 4 game losing streak. If you have to score 5 plus goals to win hockey games you're not going very far.

Still waiting for a list of teams that have blown leads 4 games in a row.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
We're worse because of a few new secondary pieces?

I guess we're ignoring the fact that JT, Brodie, Gio, and Samsonov have been awful this year. You can throw McCabe in there, and Marner has taken a step back.

We had these issues in the playoffs last year with all those defensive wizards. Inconsistent play, couldn't hold leads, couldn't score for long stretches
Nobody blames Treliving for that (although the signs were there that all of those players would regress and a prudent GM could have addressed it). People are blaming him that pretty much every move he made has blown up on him, and most of them looked doomed fail when he made those moves. He deserves criticism for picking the same direction as Dubas but executing it far worse and turning a top 4 team into a team that needs to scratch and claw for a wildcard spot

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
Can’t remember all the players you listed now but Kucherov for sure. Matthews and Marner are not the problem here anyway.
You can't remember now? LOL ok.

Matthews and Marner might not be the problem, but their contracts are, especially Mitch's in relation to his playoff performances.

• Haha
Reactions: authentic

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
It’s incredible how many don’t think before they post.

Yep he was having a great time by the looks of it.

You realize they don’t always say what they think, they follow the team script.
Which ones said they were playing poorly?
It’s amazing how some people want to coddle them

What’s the context behind him smiling. What did the reporter say to him?
i Was wondering the same thing

Reactions: rumman

ClarkSittler

Mar 25, 2014
Dubas led teams accomplished nothing and he's the one that started giving out 10 million dollar contracts like candy., he's no genius either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad