Grinders/enforcers in 07 draft

BruinInPhilly

Nov 12, 2005
Philly, PA
What guys in the 07 draft project to be grinders or enforcers in the NHL? Not necessarily heavyweights, but someone like Chris Neil, Paul Gaustad, Milan Lucic. Guys who can throw down, but can also chip in a few goals.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Maybe Sweatt too. Smaller, but definitely a player looking to get his nose dirty.

Ferjo

Sep 28, 2004
Dale Mitchell of Oshawa is a pest with very good goal scoring ablities. even though he is only 5'9, he is very involved physically. he has good speed, but should be a bit quicker for someone that small, but he is always moving. he's never talked about, but should be a high second round pick.

his numbers are helped out that he was on Oshawa's second line, and the opposing teams top defenders were always playing against the Tavares line, but his ability to create offence is apparent when ever he's on the ice. really has one of the best shots in the draft.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
Gillies and Aliu come to mind

gillies cant throw them, he's fought twice once when jumped by bender, the other was in a linebrawl vs the raiders. the only physical or grinding thing he does it hit and hit lots and hard. only bad thing is he takes himself out of position to do it and will nail guys from behind quite often.
its a funny joke if when the words "can throw down" colton gillies comes to mind

munkeyman70

Sep 4, 2003
Dallas
What guys in the 07 draft project to be grinders or enforcers in the NHL? Not necessarily heavyweights, but someone like Chris Neil, Paul Gaustad, Milan Lucic. Guys who can throw down, but can also chip in a few goals.

Ask the Stars scouts....they will know every grinder in the draft...

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Stefan Legein, Dale Mitchell, Jordan Knackstedt.

Legein and Mitchell aren't that big. They're moreso pests/grinders with a decent skill set.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Peluso looks like a good fighter. Has the size, has the balance, and has the power in his hands too, but he has to learn to face the opposition when he fights. He keeps his head turned away and fights a good lefty in the AHL or NHL someday, and he'll be spitting out chicklets! I think he goes late 2nd early 3rd.

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
are you kidding me? i've never seen either player but it was clear to see from the vid that aliu hung in there for a LONG time until he got caught with one from a guy who looked to have 4 maybe 5 inches on him. the kid showed up versus a way bigger opponent.

At that point in time Aliu was roughly 6'2" 195'ish and Wallinford was 6'7" and I belive 230lbs

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
At that point in time Aliu was roughly 6'2" 195'ish and Wallinford was 6'7" and I belive 230lbs

i didn't realize alui was that big...flyers should use there 2nd pick in the first round to get him...
he would be a good linemate for downey...assuming they didn't kill each other before the game :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

if you've seen JVR play would you compare him to shanny ????
i know he has the size but does he play big????

i haven't seen him that much but colleague says he has a big shot, skates well forhis size and is gritty

djscooter

Apr 19, 2005
i didn't realize alui was that big...flyers should use there 2nd pick in the first round to get him...
Akim is probably up to 6'3" 210-215'ish now, he has grown quite a bit in the last year. Don't know if a team should use a first on him though, he is a HUGE risk imo. And I am a huge fan of his.

jbb21

Feb 11, 2007
Peluso looks like a good fighter. Has the size, has the balance, and has the power in his hands too, but he has to learn to face the opposition when he fights. He keeps his head turned away and fights a good lefty in the AHL or NHL someday, and he'll be spitting out chicklets! I think he goes late 2nd early 3rd.

I was very impressed with Peluso. Anybody that's 6'4" 230 at 17 and can KO guys like he does is interesting. Can he play though? Can he skate? Does he battle in front of the net and in the corners. If he shows any ability at all I'm sure some team will take an early chance on him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad