Injury Report: Griffith 1/4/17 (concussion), out at least a week

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
HA ya the predator ehlers targeted our superstar Griffith.. **** our management don't keep their uneducated mouths shut
I probably wouldn't agree with him that it was dirty on purpose, but it was careless regardless. Griffith wasn't turning around or anything and Ehlers still managed to make the head principal point of contact.

I might thinking of a different young player, but I seem to remember that Ehlers has a history of questionable hits. So that would explain Rowe's comment.

And all his teammates stood by and watched after the cheap shot.:shakehead
To be fair everyone seemed to miss it. No one reacted on the ice/bench and the broadcast missed it too.

Mac went to rough up Ehlers at the end of the 1st period and he got a penalty for it, he didn't even do much apart from mouthing off. Rowe & Maurice talked to refs before the 2nd period started and that seemed to be the end of it.

Bobblebee

Formerly Optimus Reim
Dec 22, 2015
B.C.
Panthers injuries...
xThuWcZzGnonnG3ayQ.gif

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
HA ya the predator ehlers targeted our superstar Griffith.. **** our management don't keep their uneducated mouths shut

So cheap shots can only be taken against star players? I just got home and watched the replay Griffith was no where near the puck and Ehlers put his shoulder right in his mouth. It was a cheap shot and it sure looked intentional. The fact that nobody did anything about it tells you all you need to know about this team.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
Hits like that early in the game set the tone for the remainder of the game. When the Jets saw no retaliation or penalty called they knew they could control the game with their physicality.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
On a riccochet hit? LOL.

Blindside, this last GIF sort of makes it look less chin than shoulder, but it was a dirty hit, on a non puck carrier. Should have been at least a penalty.

He was trying to get the puck which was right next to him.

But it was interference more than anything

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
He was trying to get the puck which was right next to him.

But it was interference more than anything

The puck was 5 feet behind them, jesus, you should work PR for WPG. You sure spin a story.

Jagr could lay down in that gap and still not be touching them.

LOL, trying to steal the puck by hitting the player without it?

Is that the defensive system we are not playing this year? Screw the puck carrier, we gonna hit the guy without the puck. Start computer calculation...

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
The puck was 5 feet behind them, jesus, you should work PR for WPG. You sure spin a story.

LOL, trying to steal the puck by hitting the player without it?

Is that the defensive system we are not playing this year? Screw the puck carrier, we gonna hit the guy without the puck. Start computer calculation...

First of all, I said one could make a case. Not that I said what he did was justifiable so uncrumple your underwear.

I already said many times it was interference.

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden

I don't know, after he hits Griffith he more or less has his stick at the puck. Clear penalty but Griff was puck watching and had no idea where he was skating into. Ehlers certainly sees him, but I wouldn't call it a dirty hit. You see these all the time. Certain penalty missed though.

Panthers Rock

Rebuild 10.0
Apr 17, 2006
Winter Springs, FL
Sigh, I'm not a huge fan of Griffith or anything, but I am sick of seeing these injuries. Sceviour even being out hurt, too. We are just not deep enough to handle this, nor have we built up enough points to survive it well.

A lot of these injuries are short term, but they are getting repetitive enough that it's killing our lineup and any possible chemistry. That top line left-wing has rotated so much that it's getting hard to know who is where.

That all said, I think the Panthers were outmatched in terms of talent even with the bad play of the Jets' many turnovers. The Panthers really did not capitalize on them and let bad defensive breakdowns lead to goals. To me, that shows skill (and coaching) were not on the same level as the opponent, even if just mentally. Can't believe that Kindl continues to get ice time on this team. Again we have injuries, but only D is down, can no one else replace him?!

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
I don't know, after he hits Griffith he more or less has his stick at the puck. Clear penalty but Griff was puck watching and had no idea where he was skating into. Ehlers certainly sees him, but I wouldn't call it a dirty hit. You see these all the time. Certain penalty missed though.

So hitting a guy who doesn't have the puck and hasn't touched the puck and giving him a concussion isn't dirty? He had no reason to expect to be hit he didn't have the puck. It would be one thing if he was carrying the puck and Ehlers just got up high on him, but Griffith had no reason to expect that hit.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
So cheap shots can only be taken against star players? I just got home and watched the replay Griffith was no where near the puck and Ehlers put his shoulder right in his mouth. It was a cheap shot and it sure looked intentional. The fact that nobody did anything about it tells you all you need to know about this team.

I don't find it to be a predatory play at all.. shoulder to chest head whips forward and hits shoulder... maybe a bit blind side but I highly doubt ehlers did it on purpose to hurt Griffith... that's pure baseless speculation... Andy I agree if they thought it was intentional and no one did anything they r even more soft and disjointed than previously thought

gcattei

Jun 23, 2015
Hits like that early in the game set the tone for the remainder of the game. When the Jets saw no retaliation or penalty called they knew they could control the game with their physicality.

I mean we agree this was a dirty hit, and illegal and should have been called a penalty, than maybe the league should do something? If a team can get away with illegal hits with no penalties they'll continue. Better refereeing and the league taking action will help set the tone for games better.

If the refs do a better job at controlling the game then we wouldn't need our guys to fight them for dirty hits or injuries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad