GDT: Grey Cup 2022 - Winnipeg Blue Bombers (15-3) v Toronto Argonauts (11-7)

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I need full CFl f***ery here. Leggio misses and forces a situation where the Argos have to clear the endzone to avoid giving up a single

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Argos prevent the threepeat.

Bombers still have a chance at a dynasty if they win next year (or the year after in my book).

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Credit where it's due. The Argos defense came to play and grinded out that win. Hammered Collaros all night and rendered their pass game a nonfactor.

I'm still not convinced Collaros didn't have another undisclosed injury because his arm looked bad even when he had time.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
LMAO, another weak Argos team forces a massive choke job. Anything can and does happen in the CFL.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Its the inferior football so I don't watch CFL. But I just saw a tweet of the field goal block and it looks like a TON of empty seats???????

CFL hub Regina couldnt sell out the literal Grey Cup with Winnipeg being right next door?

??????

The CFL claimed the game was sold out. Only think I could think of is a bunch of overzealous Rider fans prebought tickets and then...just didn't go? Idk.

Reactions: Kyle McMahon

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
Its the inferior football so I don't watch CFL. But I just saw a tweet of the field goal block and it looks like a TON of empty seats???????

CFL hub Regina couldnt sell out the literal Grey Cup with Winnipeg being right next door?

??????

The CFL claimed the game was sold out. Only think I could think of is a bunch of overzealous Rider fans prebought tickets and then...just didn't go? Idk.
That is exactly what happened. The game was sold out but many Riders fans bought tickets thinking their team would be here tonight. Tickets hit the resale market once that wasn't the case. According to the CFL forum at least.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Another explanation my friend gave was the fact Grey Cups usually draw a significant contingent of people travelling to the game. If it's a team like Calgary, Saskatchewan or Hamilton you'll usually see a strong contingent of those fans in the stands.

Bomber fans made the trip, but Argo fans sure as hell wouldn't. Rider fans aren't going because there's probably no worse combination of teams they'd want to see in the bitter rival Bombers and the golden child the league is desperately trying to make everyone like Argos.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Melrose Munch

Mar 18, 2007
I'm sure they will. Nonetheless, a one-third empty stadium is a bad look for the league when they're touting it as a sell out.
The seats were sold to be fair. Once the transaction goes through it doesn't matter where they end up lol.

Congratulations again to the Argonauts!

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I'm sure they will. Nonetheless, a one-third empty stadium is a bad look for the league when they're touting it as a sell out.
They were sold seats. Vagina not having enough accommodations played a huge part IMO. Shouldn't be giving the Grey Cup to a city that can barely accomendate Bombers fans during Labour Day.

• Haha
Reactions: Melrose Munch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad