Gregg Sheppard

Discussion in 'The History of Hockey' started by Lowetide, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lowetide

Lowetide Registered User

Anyone else remember him? Always loved watching him play. Wasn't real big but a smart player who could do many things well. I grew up not too far from where he's from, so always followed his career (Garnet Bailey's too).

That Bruin team he played on was pretty deep, but he always played. Just missed the Cup seasons but he was a player.

Anyone remember Gregg Sheppard?

2. reckoning

reckoning Registered User

Very underrated two-way forward. Also, Don Cherry mentioned in his book that Boston traded him because Harry Sinden was angry about some dressing room prank where Sheppard and Bobby Schmautz were making fun of Sinden. Also recall hearing that he once suffered a serious knee injury due to a Denis Potvin cheap shot. This is going back a long time so I`m not 100% on the details.

3. ClassicHockey

ClassicHockey Registered User

People in Toronto remember Sheppard because of the trivia question of who did Dave Keon fight for the only fight in his entire career.

4. Ogopogo*

Ogopogo* Guest

I am currently doing some statistical analysis on the NHL and yesterday, I was doing some numbers on Sheppard. He was a pretty good player.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.