Confirmed with Link: Greenville is our new ECHL affiliate!!!

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Wonder if they’re going to keep that same Swamp Rabbit branding or have them maybe rebrand with Hurricanes colors.

My hunch is they'd keep their colors and branding. Very rarely does something like an affiliation change cause a team, especially at the ECHL/Double-A level, to go through having to redo their branding, especially considering ECHL-NHL affiliation deals are typically only a year long.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I’m from the ECHL Checkers days, lol. If only we got the Stingrays too.

There'd just be something even more wrong about that. I do miss the old ECHL American Conference, East Division. Talk about rivalry games to travel to between the Augusta Lynx, Charlotte Checkers, Columbia Inferno, Greenville Grrrowl, Pee Dee Pride, and South Carolina Stingrays, I think the only barn I didn't check out was South Carolina's.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I feel like that would have been a bit of an ego blow for the old school Rays fans.

No doubt. Plus the Rays have been with the Caps for.ev.er. I'm trying to remember the other affiliations from that time - the Checkers were with the Rangers, Columbia was with the Canucks and then the Leafs, Greenville was with Edmonton (I think?) and I think Augusta and Pee Dee were independent.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
No doubt. Plus the Rays have been with the Caps for.ev.er. I'm trying to remember the other affiliations from that time - the Checkers were with the Rangers, Columbia was with the Canucks and then the Leafs, Greenville was with Edmonton (I think?) and I think Augusta and Pee Dee were independent.

Don’t forget Gwinnett

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Stingrays used to be affiliated with the Sabers in their early years. They also had short affiliations with the Leaves, Canucks, and a recent few seasons of affiliation with the Broons. It's hard to believe the Stingrays have now been around for 25+ years.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Don’t forget Gwinnett

I was thinking 2004-2005 - since Pee Dee was gone the following year and at that time, Gwninett wasn't in that division - they were in the American Conference South Division with Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Pensacola, and Texas. The East and South divisions would essentially be combined in 2005-2006 when Pee Dee went dark and Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas all either went dark or suspended operations for a season due to Hurricanes Katrina and Rita.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
They're out of stock on the good blue ones, you'll have to wait a bit.

I did buy a tee shirt (PIM leader Travis Howe) and a pair of the star spangled game worn socks. Screw it, I got pickup games to play.
I saw somewhere that they plan on refreshing their jerseys this season anyway. Just wait until those are in stock.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad