• Tormentor: The 7th Day of the Doom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bulldozer: The Day of Wrath

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
Eh, I mean imo it's the greatest thrash album of all time; but then again I compartmentalize artistry and being shitty humans, so there's that

Ride the Lightning would be my # 2 so I will just vote that and other ig 🤷‍♀️
That's a good idea. I didn't know Pantera were bad dudes.
Yes. I know some will say it's groove metal but groove metal is just a style of thrash metal more than it is its own genre. Plus if Prong is on the list then so should Pantera.
Prong's first EP is a bit like crossover and crust punk, but not groove like they apparently did later. In some ways it's even traditional thrash.
I think most people would just think it was a joke and fine it funny
That would have been a better reaction. I didn't fight him or anything.
Why the hell are Megadeth’s three 80’s albums not on this poll??? :huh: :huh: :huh: :help:
I got Rust in Peace from the top rating at Rateyourmusic.com. I'm not a Megadeth fan so I didn't know. I just wanted to include the Big Four of American thrash. Which one do you have in mind?
sure but that's most. but if that nickelback guy is in that pit he's a primetime target. he's going to receive a bunch of dents and welts.

years back i think it was on mtv. the cameras were following this kid wearing a poison shirt walking around the arena parking lot right before some thrash show. like you said most people went haha. but a couple of guys did say that kid could wind up getting hurt if he kept wearing that shirt.
Yeah, obviously a guy doing that is trying to ruffle feathers, which is usually lame.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
I got Rust in Peace from the top rating at Rateyourmusic.com. I'm not a Megadeth fan so I didn't know. I just wanted to include the Big Four of American thrash. Which one do you have in mind?

You can’t go wrong with any of their first 3 albums (all from the mid to late 80’s) honestly.

The ORIGINAL mixes of those albums though.

Not the 2004 remastered abominations of them that Dave Mustaine re-recorded and released a la George Lucas.

Reactions: Hippasus

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
2 pages in and not a single Overkill mention. Not surprised, they've always been a bit underrated.

But have been active since 1985 until now with 21 albums out. Arguably the most consistently high quality thrash metal band.

Personally, I'd rank the years of decay album right up there with the best of them.

Reactions: Pranzo Oltranzista

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Greatest Thrash? Easy...
1704731471920.png

Honestly though...Metallica. Easily.

Metroid

Слава Україні!!
Sep 6, 2006
Hellmouth
One of my fav thrash albums is Alice in Hell, don't expect it to make any "best thrash lists" but def should be top 10-15.
Never neverland is fun too. Only two Annihilator albums I regularly still jam out to.

Reactions: Felidae

Hippasus

Feb 17, 2008
Bridgeview
What about Rigor Mortis: Rigor Mortis? The later to be Ministry lead guitarist can definitely leave an impression. His playing is like man-machine, at least in regards to the lead parts.

Overall, I think Kreator or Slayer might be the best answers for pure thrash. They have the intense breakdowns along with the riffs, respectively.

HM: Merciless, Slaughter (from the Toronto area), and Tormentor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad