Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Big Buff's first shift in pre-season after losing NHL team for 15 years

Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Yep, I rank them the same as DRW. WCF and then Buff's first shift.

Nice to watch Arvidsson get robbed a couple of times in that highlight reel... :laugh:

Reactions: Ponds

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Man I'm old. I was at that Edmonton game when Ellet scored. I thought the upper deck was going to collapse.

I'd go with Buff's first shift though from the modern era. I wasn't at the Preds game otherwise that would likely be it.

The first season our ticket group was shocked when I took the first pre-season game with my second pick in the draft (home opener against Montreal was my first pick). I was more emotional at the pre-season game than I was at the regular season home opener. There were easily more electric games in the first season (Boston comes to mind) but that first shift was insane. Buff looking around and nodding at the crowd as he went to the penalty box was priceless.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
All great moments that I remember well, but that game 3 comeback vs Nashville...I was there and damn it was so loud and electric at the arena that game, I could barely hear myself think. Close seconds are Ellett's 2OT goal vs Edmonton in 1990 and Selanne breaking Bossy's record.

Man I'm old. I was at that Edmonton game when Ellet scored. I thought the upper deck was going to collapse.

I'd go with Buff's first shift though from the modern era. I wasn't at the Preds game otherwise that would likely be it.

The first season our ticket group was shocked when I took the first pre-season game with my second pick in the draft (home opener against Montreal was my first pick). I was more emotional at the pre-season game than I was at the regular season home opener. There were easily more electric games in the first season (Boston comes to mind) but that first shift was insane. Buff looking around and nodding at the crowd as he went to the penalty box was priceless.
I was at the first pre-season game also, and it was loud and people were pumped. I remember walking in well before puck drop and the crowd was already doing a loud GO JETS GO chant.

TommyKillian

Dec 12, 2013
Paul Stastny lights up Pekka Rinne, to lead the Jets to a 5-2 victory in Nashville in Game 7, and into the Conference Finals for the first time in Jets NHL history.
I was in the airport bar in Grand Forks on my way to Vegas for a bachelor party during that game. The bar and ensuing flight were chaos. Tons of Winnipeggers glued to the TV screens in the airport. That whole series was so memorable.

It didn't matter how the Jets played, they were just going to win that game.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
I was lucky to be at both Game 3 Nashville comeback and the 1st pre-season game. Slight edge to the pre-season game, as it somehow exceeded every possible hope and expectation anyone had after 15 years in the wilderness of resentment. Buff's first shift and our first rounder Scheifele scoring 2+2. It was NUTS.

Connor's series winning 3OT goal getting no love. Another casualty of the pandemic.

Last edited:

Ponds

ꮯꭺꭲꭺꮯꮮꭹꮪꮇ!
Nov 2, 2023
Anacita
It was Selanne shooting down Bossy's record for most of my life. That game 3 vs Nashville became the pinnacle (but hopefully not for long). One of my favorite games of hockey I've ever watched, up there with the 2002 and 2010 Olympics. Not ashamed to admit I still get a bit emotional when I watch the highlights.

During that run I was living on the coast. Watched the game with my uncle and cousin. Pure pandemonium. Many a long distance phone call to friends and family. Maybe the odd brewski too.

I was in awe of Dustin Byfuglien when he destroyed Vancouver during The Blackhawks run to the Cup. I was already a big fan of his when he became a Jet, knew if/when they made it to the dance he'd have his tap shoes on. I'm grateful I got to watch him in his pomp wearing our crest, delivering moments that I'll never forget. I'll always miss that fella and that time.

I wore my Jets jersey out to the club a few nights during those playoffs, acting as a designated driver for my cousin and his buddies. Lots of people came up to me and said they were pulling for the Jets, or shouts of "Go Jets Go!". It made me feel like a little bit of Winnipeg was alive there. I even got asked to come up on stage and dance one night. Not on drugs or alcohol but still in my 20's, going hard. The dude who put on the event saw me mashing, came and got me, and told a hesitant security guard he'd be out of a job if he didn't let me up there. Still have the pic to prove it.
received_1941104179296269.jpeg

That's the most important part of it for me, the ride. Enjoying what good moments we are lucky enough to be given. Remembering where you were at that particular moment in life, who you were. Remembering people that were still around to take it in with you, that aren't now. The Cup is the ultimate cherry, but it's never promised. Heck, neither is making the postseason.. and neither is tomorrow.

So take it in and live it as much as possible, even if it doesn't go our way.
Sometimes the journey means more than the destination.

GJG

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Signing Bobby Hull would beat any of those choices. Put the Jets forefront in the hockey universes eye, and quasi-legitimized the entire WHA. Who knows if any of what we've come to know happens without that moment.
Ok, but only you and ps241 are old enough to remember when everyone wore onions on their belts and nickels had bees on them... :sarcasm:

Lars65

Useless Git
Sep 6, 2011
Winnipeg
Ok, but only you and ps241 are old enough to remember when everyone wore onions on their belts and nickels had bees on them... :sarcasm:
Actually he was signed just a couple of weeks after my 7th birthday, and frankly, I don't remember any of it.

Reactions: Gm0ney

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad