OT: Greatest Chicago Championship Team Ever

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
Almost none. And 14-2 isn't 15-1 so I don't get why you would lump them together.

In the end, the 85 Bears had a better regular season record and a better postseason (not talking record cuz all Super Bowl winners go undefeated, but they were more dominate the whole way through) than the 96 Bulls. The numbers don't lie.

I usually agree with you, but you are so off base right now it is unbelievable. I really don't know how to get through to you the significance of winning 72 games in a season in the NBA. Because you don't like the sport it clouds your judgment.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Teams winning 14+ games in the NFL isn't that uncommon.

Winning over 70 NBA games is, considering the Bulls are the only team to do it.
How many teams have gone 15-1 and won the Super Bowl? Stop lumping them in with every 14 game winner who didn't do crap in the playoffs...

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I usually agree with you, but you are so off base right now it is unbelievable. I really don't know how to get through to you the significance of winning 72 games in a season in the NBA. Because you don't like the sport it clouds your judgment.

I'm not saying that it's not incredible at all. I just think the Bears were better. If the Bulls swept the Finals I might think differently.

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
I saw both and for me, the Bears playoff performance was the most dominating 3 games Ive ever seen. The regular season for the Bulls was incredible.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'm not saying that it's not incredible at all. I just think the Bears were better. If the Bulls swept the Finals I might think differently.

There aren't seven games series in the NFL. If the Bulls only had to play a team once per round in the playoffs they would have been 3-0 too. I disagree with IU Hawks fan but the difference isn't that far off. That Bears team was fantastic. Up until the last few years, it WAS incredibly rare for a team to go 14-2, 15 -1.

That Bears team was amazing

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
Even if the Bulls were 3-0, the Bears shutout the Giants and Rams. I dont recall that ever happening in the playoffs. Then they go on to hold NE to negative yardage at halftime. Negative yardage for half a game...in the Super Bowl. Ill never see that again and Id be surprised if that ever happens again.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Even if the Bulls were 3-0, the Bears shutout the Giants and Rams. I dont recall that ever happening in the playoffs. Then they go on to hold NE to negative yardage at halftime. Negative yardage for half a game...in the Super Bowl. Ill never see that again and Id be surprised if that ever happens again.

This exactly. They dominated like no team ever has.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I don't care at all about the NBA, but hard not to say the 1996 Bulls. They were an all-time dominant team.

Only team that could've possibly been more dominant than that team in all sports would've been if the 1906 Cubs had won the World Series, too.

Recoil

Jun 27, 2011
Chicago, IL
I had to vote for the '96 Bulls. I'm not a huge NBA fan (but admittedly watched more during the Jordan era) but man, that team was ridiculous.

Close second for me would be the '10 Hawks or the '85 Bears.

Also: Props to the OP for putting the 2017 Cubs as an option. :naughty:

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
As great as the 2010 Hawks were, they finish behind the 05 Sox and 85 Bears here. The Hawks didn't even win their conference in the regular season. Where the Sox went wire to wire with the best record in baseball and the 85 Bears were one of the greatest single season teams in NFL history.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
As great as the 2010 Hawks were, they finish behind the 05 Sox and 85 Bears here. The Hawks didn't even win their conference in the regular season. Where the Sox went wire to wire with the best record in baseball and the 85 Bears were one of the greatest single season teams in NFL history.
No they didn't

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
If the White Sox went 130-32 this year would they be less dominant than the Bears too?

Baseball is just so different than the other 3, it's not really comparable. .700 win% happens in basketball and football, but almost never in baseball. 01 Mariners the last? .800 in baseball would be just ungodly...

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Yeah, you say that the Bulls team of 1996 was overrated, while the 1985 Bears are still getting pimped to this day.

That's because the Bears haven't won a title since then. That specific Bulls team is slightly overrated because there were two new teams in the league that year and a total of 6 new teams between 88 and 95-96.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad