Greatest Chicago Blackhawk - #2

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Congrats to Bobby Hull on being voted as the 'Greatest Chicago Blackhawk' of all-time.

Bobby_Hull.jpg=600.jpg

Remember how you define GREATEST is however you deem fit.

So, welcome to #2, which like the previous one, will be open until next Friday morning (July 1st)

:hawks:
The Greatest Blackhawks
1. Bobby Hull (51.43%)
2. __________
3. __________
4. __________
5. __________
6. __________
7. __________
8. __________
9. __________
10. __________

Last edited:

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Having read and researched Mikita, I voted him for #1, so it's no surprise that my vote will also go to him since Hull got the top spot.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The first two were always a slam dunk in Hull first, then Mikita.

After that I'm sure we'll get many opinions. Denis Savard was the most entertaining but I'll choose Roenick third (despite injury hindering his NHL career). Glenn Hall needs consideration as well. He played in an era of great goalies where Sawchuk received most of the accolades, but Hall was just as good, he played with much more flare and his records for consecutive games played by a goalie will never be broken. The number, believe it or not was 502!!!!!!

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
For my next pick I'll probably go with Toews. It's unreal what he's done, and being captain of 3 cups is worthy enough for me.

This one is easy though IMO.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
mikita for sure at 2....

now number three is where it gets interesting....

Yeah - I've heard Hall's name thrown around, but his best season was actually with Detroit (55-56), so surely that is something to consider.

I think I'll put a current Blackhawk next, it's unreal what Keith, Toews, Kane have done.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
Number three is where it gets interesting :D

Kane, Keith, Savard, Roenick, Toews, even some other are all options there, I think

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Congrats to Bobby Hull on being voted as the 'Greatest Chicago Blackhawk' of all-time.

Bobby_Hull.jpg=600.jpg

Remember how you define GREATEST is however you deem fit.

So, welcome to #2, which like the previous one, will be open until next Friday morning (July 1st)

:hawks:
The Greatest Blackhawks
1. Bobby Hull (51.43%)
2. __________
3. __________
4. __________
5. __________
6. __________
7. __________
8. __________
9. __________
10. __________

Great pic of Hull. For those that didn't see him play, this was the pose we saw often in a typical game as Hull wound up in his own end. He would often take the puck to his back hand side and fend off ops players with one arm. No one did it better, then or now.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Hull and Mikita should be 1 and 2.

For the top 10 (in no particular order) I'd add Hall, Pilote, Savard, Esposito, Toews, Kane, Keith, Roenick, and Chelios. One of them would have to be left off though.

Chelios needs some more love in here. He's a top 10-15 defenseman of all time.

zytz

lumberjack
Jul 25, 2011
Hull and Mikita should be 1 and 2.

For the top 10 (in no particular order) I'd add Hall, Pilote, Savard, Esposito, Toews, Kane, Keith, Roenick, and Chelios. One of them would have to be left off though.

Chelios needs some more love in here. He's a top 10-15 defenseman of all time.

Chelios will be getting my vote beginning at #3, followed by Kane prob

Any Colour You Like

Regular bean eater
Nov 13, 2011
Boston U
I certainly will, although as morbid as it sounds since we died so young, do you consider him the 3rd best Blackhawks of all time? Ahead of Toews, Kane, Keith..?

Absolutely. In seven seasons, he won two Vezinas, three All-Star team berths, and essentially carried the Hawks to the Cup in '34, as captain no less.

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
Now that Kane has won a Hart, a Conn Smythe, an Art Ross and scored a Cup winning goal I'd rate him number 2.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
QC
Absolutely. In seven seasons, he won two Vezinas, three All-Star team berths, and essentially carried the Hawks to the Cup in '34, as captain no less.

He will certainly be added.

I do enjoying learning more about the Blackhawks during the 'early' years.

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
3 is where it will get interesting for sure. Its tough to include the guys that are still playing the game, especially when they're all still in their primes. Roenick is my favorite player, but I'd probably rate him below both Savard and Pilote.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad