Speculation: Great player, to great for the OHL?

Will Robertson be a Leaf next season?

• Total voters

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
5'9"
162 lbs.
Great.
He will need every bit of that extraordinary try and great shot etc...
Not holding my breath.
Junior is junior.
Go the Kenny Holland route and over season him.
Don't go the Dubas route and fall in love with guys who are not ready.

Last year, Debrincat was 5'07 and 155 pounds. He put up 41 goals in the NHL.

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
No need to rush him , the AHL is a big jump from the OHL, let him play for the marlies for a year . Build on what he has , I'd rather have korshkov playing the third line to start the season

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018
Last year, Debrincat was 5'07 and 155 pounds. He put up 41 goals in the NHL.
Yeah.
Agreed.
Chi doesn't have 8 guys his size in the system I'm guessing.
Could be wrong.
Marner is our small points guy.
Problem is we have 6 or so that aren't.
You get Patrick Kane in the playoffs and then you get Johnny Hockey in the playoffs.
I take 20 less regular season goals and want Josh Anderson in the playoffs.
Foligno ( either one ).
Reeves/Maroon/Wilson/Tkachuk/Carrier/Kadri/Manson.
2f outta those guys ( or players like them ) and Manson.
We win the Cup.
Big problem.
Dubas thinks physicality has no place.
I'm guessing Muzzin and Clifford were forced on him.
It will cost him his job if he refuses to even look for guys like that.
Sounded like Korsh and Mik were Babcock guys.
Good post.
We just have far too many of the same player and they bring Zero aside from speed.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
No need to rush him , the AHL is a big jump from the OHL, let him play for the marlies for a year . Build on what he has , I'd rather have korshkov playing the third line to start the season

he can’t he has to go back to junior or be in the nhl. I think he may be forced to go back even for the 21/22 season if he doesn’t make the leafs he is very young. He missed being in this years draft by a few weeks or days

Reactions: MagicalRazor

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
Starting the clock on an ELC early is not a bad thing. Letting a player stagnate in a lower league might be. He's already not getting challenged where he is, and he's going to develop bad habits if he stays there longer.

We could use the scoring depth, and he's earned a shot. That should be enough for him to get consideration next season. Add in that we'll probably trade away a scoring winger, and his ELC is cheap, and you've got a real good chance he plays in the NHL for us next year.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Won't make the team and won't be rushed. ELC's are not something we have a lot of at forward, best not to squander this.
I think most of the no votes are for this reason. I don’t disagree. Ahl would make sense but isn’t so i done this poll. Adding the Ahl option in the poll would only split up the vote. I like the is he kind of ready yes or no.

Two thirds posters think no right now because its not the right development path,rushed. Its true. He will be there in the mix next year nonetheless scoring goals like crazy in preseason likely. Missing these playoffs in the Ohl is another factor that adds credibility to the no vote side.

I would shrug it off and add him to the team if he simply wins a spot. I am pretty dead set against sending him back to the Ohl next year right now.

Reactions: kb

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I think most of the no votes are for this reason. I don’t disagree. Ahl would make sense but isn’t so i done this poll. Adding the Ahl option in the poll would only split up the vote. I like the is he kind of ready yes or no.

Two thirds posters think no right now because its not the right development path,rushed. Its true. He will be there in the mix next year nonetheless scoring goals like crazy in preseason likely. Missing these playoffs in the Ohl is another factor that adds credibility to the no vote side.

I would shrug it off and add him to the team if he simply wins a spot. I am pretty dead set against sending him back to the Ohl next year right now.
Another year of growing/getting stronger wouldn't hurt. If the A is an option it seems like the best one.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I don't get the title?

Kid looks like a decent pick though.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Another year of growing/getting stronger wouldn't hurt. If the A is an option it seems like the best one.
I am questioning my stance that he is going to come in and take a left wing job. I don’t want Ohl for sure. They really have to do something in the Chl because this is not about development any more if they are holding them back for jingle in their pants. Ahl with the Marlies is best option that is not there. That said, i think he could score inbthe Nhl. All round game development at that level is not the idea place

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I am questioning my stance that he is going to come in and take a left wing job. I don’t want Ohl for sure. They really have to do something in the Chl because this is not about development any more if they are holding them back for jingle in their pants. Ahl with the Marlies is best option that is not there. That said, i think he could score inbthe Nhl. All round game development at that level is not the idea place
This is an old problem, it's why we were so happy with our Swedes who could go straight to the Marlies. One could always argue another year dominating and working on D wouldn't kill him. The AHL rule while inconvenient makes sense for the CHL. If it was a major concern loaning him to a Euro club could be an option couldn't it?

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
see how he looks at camp and if he does well we can give him a 9 game regular season audition before we have to make a final decision whether to burn an elc year by keeping him up

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
This is an old problem, it's why we were so happy with our Swedes who could go straight to the Marlies. One could always argue another year dominating and working on D wouldn't kill him. The AHL rule while inconvenient makes sense for the CHL. If it was a major concern loaning him to a Euro club could be an option couldn't it?
Good question, I’m not sure

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
He might get called up at some point in the season. Also, when I read the thread title Mitch Marner came to my mind lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad