Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins Discussion

Rolo Tomassi

May 6, 2010
I dont watch the Griffs. Does Ed often play physical? I sure hope so, if this team gets tougher in our d mefensive end, we will be so much harder to play against.

Chris Langlois

Jan 31, 2022
I dont watch the Griffs. Does Ed often play physical? I sure hope so, if this team gets tougher in our d mefensive end, we will be so much harder to play against.
I would say he picks his spots. He is very active with his stick (super long reach). But this season I find he is more physical along the boards and can level someone over with little ease. I think he is growing into his body if that makes sense.

Rolo Tomassi

May 6, 2010
I would say he picks his spots. He is very active with his stick (super long reach). But this season I find he is more physical along the boards and can level someone over with little ease. I think he is growing into his body if that makes sense.
It makes perfect sense. As you grow, your muscular strength and coordination can take some time to catch up. I can imagine that being more so the case when you are 6’6”. Plus, as most young men do, he’s bound to be filling out naturally, along with strength training and decent nutrition.

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
Exactly.

, you have to eat to grow. I will venture a guess and say he probably doesn’t eat as much as he needs to.

I was always a very small kid throughout my first two years of high school. Once I started taking working out and hockey more seriously, is when I began to eat a bit more and actually gained weight.

To the OPs comment on some people don’t have the frame to be able to add weight, that is just so false and inaccurate.
No OP is right on the money with that statement. Studied Dietetics and Sports Nutrition in college, there certainly are body types that are less able to gain mass.

Reactions: Cake Eater

Cake Eater

Jan 19, 2022

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
He must have really pissed the refs off ... they've called like 5 straight penalties on the Griffins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad