Prospect Info: Grand Rapids Griffins are AHL CHAMPIONS!

redwings85

In Ozzie I trust.
Nov 11, 2008
America's Hat.
More like over Cleary, Eaves et al.

Mursak has some really nice flashes, but then he disappears for big stretches. I can't put my finger on why, he's got the speed to be visible every shift.

That's very true. Especially with Mursak then again it didnt help his cause being injured.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Tonight's game on ESPN America too, although joined in progress as there's a blowout baseball game going on..

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Hey guys, with howard signed long term is it a possibilty that mrazek becomes available? If so how much would pitts have to give up?

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Hey guys, with howard signed long term is it a possibilty that mrazek becomes available? If so how much would pitts have to give up?

Highly doubt he becomes available, Howie is signed until age 35 and IMO after that Mrazek will step in as the bonafide #1 (if he doesn't bust *knock on wood) after a few seasons of a 1a 1b type situation with Howie.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

Doubt it. Howard is locked up but that contract is movable after few years. Basically Wings had no choice but to lock him up for 6 years. Or let him walk and go with Gustavsson as starter.

Mrazek will be brought up slowly, 1 more year in AHL, and maybe then in NHL as a backup for 2-3 years and see how it goes from there.

Mrazek may be available down the road, depending on team needs, direction, how Paterson and Coreau perform etc. but as of now, he would me one of the most untouchable prospects for me.

Ofc everyone on Wings roster is available for right price (eg. stupid overpayment from your part on some players) but I think Pens can find better and cheaper options available if Fleury doesn't work out.

RedWingsNow*

Doubt it. Howard is locked up but that contract is movable after few years. Basically Wings had no choice but to lock him up for 6 years. Or let him walk and go with Gustavsson as starter.

Mrazek will be brought up slowly, 1 more year in AHL, and maybe then in NHL as a backup for 2-3 years and see how it goes from there.

Mrazek may be available down the road, depending on team needs, direction, how Paterson and Coreau perform etc. but as of now, he would me one of the most untouchable prospects for me.

Ofc everyone on Wings roster is available for right price (eg. stupid overpayment from your part on some players) but I think Pens can find better and cheaper options available if Fleury doesn't work out.

If that's true, Mrazek should get out of Detroit. Think about all the money he'll never earn.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
If that's true, Mrazek should get out of Detroit. Think about all the money he'll never earn.

It's the same on any team. Schneider, Rask, Bernier, Markstrom, Holtby, Lehner etc. All blue chippers.

I think we will see very few Steve Mason cases in the future with the few goaltending spots overall and massive depth.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Crap, the shutout streak broken.. Mrazek made a great initial save, second rebound they pound in.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto takes a 2-1 lead after a bad giveaway by Pulkkinen that led to a shorthanded goal.

And Ferraro takes one back shorthanded.

Jurco is starting to look pretty damn legit.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
4-2 loss, last in empty net. Still looking good though for the rest of the series, but could change rapidly if either team adds NHL players.

MBauer

Feb 19, 2012
MI
Griffins got shutdown in the third, at one point the shots were like 25-6 GR and by the end of the game they were pretty close.

redwings85

In Ozzie I trust.
Nov 11, 2008
America's Hat.
Toronto really doesn't have great adds coming if they are eliminated.

Their captain Hamilton can come back? Gardiner will be back. I think Kadri could come down. I think marlies could b semi dangerous if they get booted.

I thought it was a good game. I noticed refs seemed to have favour torontos side a bit, I was sitting with some hardcore Marlies fans who agreed with me. Would have been awesome for GR to take a 2-0 lead. But I am happy with the split.

I took pictures from both games. Ill post a link sometime next week.

Last edited:

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Was at the game,

neither team looked very spectacular today. I would tend to like our chances, especially considering our guys coming down from NHL vs their guys coming down.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Their captain Hamilton can come back? Gardiner will be back. I think Kadri could come down. I think marlies could b semi dangerous if they get booted.

I thought it was a good game. I noticed refs seemed to have favour torontos side a bit, I was sitting with some hardcore Marlies fans who agreed with me. Would have been awesome for GR to take a 2-0 lead. But I am happy with the split.

I took pictures from both games. Ill post a link sometime next week.

If I remember right neither Kadri or Gardiner are eligible, I don't think the Leafs because of playing a game right around that time in the schedule did what the Wings did to keep guys eligible. Keep in mind the Wings actually sent down Nyquist, Andersson, Lashoff and DeKeyser for a day to make them eligible on April third. I think Colborne is the biggest add they can have saw a list somewhere but they have two players they can send down if they are eliminated and none are the bigger scary guys.

Who are all of the guys that can come down for us?

Andersson, Nyquist, Lashoff and DeKeyser (although he is hurt) are all eligible for the AHL playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad