Confirmed with Link: Granato Out (Jason Christie & Matt Smith also let go, Ellis being reassigned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
If this goes the Lindy route I feel the same I did the day he got fired in Jersey. It’s not my favorite idea but it is one I’m perfectly fine with. He isn’t going to put up with those starts. He isn’t going to put up with that power play. He isn’t going to keep trotting guys out every shift who are costing them games. He’s also not a super long term solution…but I have no problem believing he can get them out of the mud and to the playoffs before kicking upstairs.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
If this goes the Lindy route I feel the same I did the day he got fired in Jersey. It’s not my favorite idea but it is one I’m perfectly fine with. He isn’t going to put up with those starts. He isn’t going to put up with that power play. He isn’t going to keep trotting guys out every shift who are costing them games. He’s also not a super long term solution…but I have no problem believing he can get them out of the mud and to the playoffs before kicking upstairs.
Yeah. Ruff may not be the ideal hire but he’s almost certainly an improvement

Reactions: joshjull

Ace

Oct 29, 2015

Peters said a rare useful thing today about Ellis. That there are things he does well in player development and they can use him upstairs…but he is absolutely not fit for the bench. He can’t be running power plays and drawing up plays and working with the players shift to shift in game action. But he has things he has done well…and should just go back to doing those

Reactions: enthusiast

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I'm interested in where Vinny Prospal fits with the new head coach. If Appert is promoted, maybe he's an option to take over in Rochester, and if Appert stays, then maybe Prospal goes to Buffalo? He's by all accounts had a great year with the Amerks.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
I would like to call BS on one thing Adams touched on.

He said Pegula has, basically, not short changed this organization. If that’s true then explain the scouting department.

Also, in a fair world Adams would have been given his walking papers today as well.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I'm interested in where Vinny Prospal fits with the new head coach. If Appert is promoted, maybe he's an option to take over in Rochester, and if Appert stays, then maybe Prospal goes to Buffalo? He's by all accounts had a great year with the Amerks.
If it’s Lindy i wonder if they’d want Appert as an assistant. He’s done the development job. He’s got pro HC experience now…but, again, with a lot of focus on development. I wonder if the right move for both him and them with an old coach isn’t to get him experience on an NHL bench.

Reactions: Dingo44

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Yeah. Ruff may not be the ideal hire but he’s almost certainly an improvement

Yeah, that’s where I’m at. Rudd isn’t a hire that would have me feeling excited, but he is a respectable choice that should bring NHL structure to the team.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
He was a well regarded skill development coach before he was given a job he wasn’t good at

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
Yeah, I'm going full Missouri on this. Show me.
2023%2F12%2F22_6579c6de46767.jpg

Do you know why its called the Show Me State?

• Haha
Reactions: vcv

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Lining up? No. But there will be plenty listening and asking around. I feel most veteran coaches will want to make decisions and not be bogged down by ownership..

Have all of them live with Nathan Mackinnon for the summer. He can tell them all what it's like to be a professional. And hopefully kick their asses.

I'm not pumping my fists to hire Q but he honestly feels like the exact type of coach that these softies need. Someone who will hold them accountable, who has won consistently... but I don't see him coming here.

How many open coaching spots are there currently in the NHL? Ottawa, LA, STL, NJ, CLB maybe. Who fires their coach this summer? Pens, Laffs, Flyers, kraken maybe? It will be interesting to see how things shake out. I worry we'll f*** around and miss out on real candidates.
Yeah we need to get a guy now while we can doubt Philly fires torts but Q and ruff are the only guys I know of that are vets with results that I know of

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES
I can get around to Ruff. The assistant(s) hired in that scenario would be equally as important.

I still want Boudreau though and if it was him I'd have a mix of "FINALLY. WHY NOT 10 YEARS AGO? And then my last though of, man I wanted this for a decade, I hope it works out!"

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

He's only been an AHL assistant for a year.

Reactions: Jeremy2020

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
Reacting as I watch the press conference:

Adams: This decision was on me
My reaction: Then why didn't you take action earlier? This was also your decision not to can Donny in October/November/Dec/Jan/Feb/March

Adams: We didn't play well enough. We didn't have our standard high enough from day 1 of training camp
Me: THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU TAKE ACTION EARLIER!?!!?!

Adams: No more talk about this being a young team
Me: Good. Are you going to do something about it by signing/trading for quality veterans? Or are you going to hold spots open for kids?

Adams: I want an experienced HC
Me: thank effing god

Adams: Terry Pegula talks to me every day and has STRONG opinions and we have great conversations.
Me: So you're not really the one making the decisions? You're just pegula's mouth piece

Adams: And he has given me every possible resource that he has to make this team better
Me: lol. So you're saying it was your choice and not terry's to spend no money the last 3 seasons. Then you're an imbecile.

Adams: This will be my decision(regarding HC).
Me: lol

Adams: Our system did not change. There was not a philosophical change to how we play.
Me: ooof

Adams: it's go time
Me: better late than never. But I won't believe it until you show me

Me: Who's injured and going to miss the WC? Couldn't hear the question at all despite turning the volume all the way up and rewinding it like 5 times.

Conclusion. He sounds like most of us after watching this season. The difference is he had the power to change things he admits to noticing in training camp and chose not to. He claims it was his decision not to spend resources that could have improved the roster the past 3 years. I'm not sure I believe him, but either way It's not acceptable.

Reactions: HaNotsri

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Reacting as I watch the press conference:

Adams: This decision was on me
My reaction: Then why didn't you take action earlier? This was also your decision not to can Donny in October/November/Dec/Jan/Feb/March

Adams: We didn't play well enough. We didn't have our standard high enough from day 1 of training camp
Me: THEN WHY DIDN'T YOU TAKE ACTION EARLIER!?!!?!

Adams: No more talk about this being a young team
Me: Good. Are you going to do something about it by signing/trading for quality veterans? Or are you going to hold spots open for kids?

Adams: I want an experienced HC
Me: thank effing god

Adams: Terry Pegula talks to me every day and has STRONG opinions and we have great conversations.
Me: So you're not really the one making the decisions? You're just pegula's mouth piece

Adams: And he has given me every possible resource that he has to make this team better
Me: lol. So you're saying it was your choice and not terry's to spend no money the last 3 seasons. Then you're an imbecile.

Adams: This will be my decision(regarding HC).
Me: lol

Adams: Our system did not change. There was not a philosophical change to how we play.
Me: ooof

Adams: it's go time
Me: better late than never. But I won't believe it until you show me

Me: Who's injured and going to miss the WC? Couldn't hear the question at all despite turning the volume all the way up and rewinding it like 5 times.

Conclusion. He sounds like most of us after watching this season. The difference is he had the power to change things he admits to noticing in training camp and chose not to. He claims it was his decision not to spend resources that could have improved the roster the past 3 years. I'm not sure I believe him, but either way It's not acceptable.

It's Tage per everyone's answer when I asked that question about the Worlds.

Reactions: Jeremy2020 and BFLO
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad