Player Discussion: Grading NHL Teams Draft

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
The 6th round pick was a bit of a whiff, but the first 3 picks were very good. Perfetti home run.

wish they went after more picks.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Pretty odd grading curve. No team got lower than a C-

Personally I'd give Boston a big fat F-. The Jets probably grade somewhere closer to B- for me. We got a real solid player in Perfetti which boost the grade. Torgersson was a solid pick up too. The other two guys, especially the last one, are long shots in my eyes. Though I suppose I'd probably grade harder than most.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Pretty odd grading curve. No team got lower than a C-

Personally I'd give Boston a big fat F-. The Jets probably grade somewhere closer to B- for me. We got a real solid player in Perfetti which boost the grade. Torgersson was a solid pick up too. The other two guys, especially the last one, are long shots in my eyes. Though I suppose I'd probably grade harder than most.

I like the Johansson pick myself. It's the kind of bet I happily make in the 5th round. Not super thrilled on Bauer pick though.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Loved Johansson and Perfetti, but wasn't a fan picking over Torgersson over Gunler. Bauer I just know nothing about but based on what I've read, I'm not a big fan. I'll give it a B

Reactions: roccerfeller

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I like the Johansson pick myself. It's the kind of bet I happily make in the 5th round. Not super thrilled on Bauer pick though.

Yeah it's not horrible. I posted who I would have picked in the draft thread. We'll see who is the better drafter. Me or the Jets.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Loved Johansson and Perfetti, but wasn't a fan picking over Torgersson over Gunler. Bauer I just know nothing about but based on what I've read, I'm not a big fan. I'll give it a B

I think Gunlers character issues scared off a lot of teams. Heard he interviewed badly as well.

Reactions: roccerfeller

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Do you have links to reputable sources detailing these character issues?

One of the best places to get stuff like that is in the Black Book Hockey Prospects.....the scouts drop hints in the quotes at times. They Also mention when guys have great interviews (Perfetti, Schneider were two that got raves).

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad