Grade the Devils trade deadline deals

Let's grade the Devils trade deadline deals! How did Fitz do?

• A

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • B

Votes: 47 39.8%
  • C

Votes: 53 44.9%
  • D

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • F

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I'd give him a C, he positioned himself well to get a starter in the offseason. Until the VV deal went down and the conditions on the Allen deal were official, it was horrible.
habs giving up a retention slot for two season is the only positive of the allen trade

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
habs giving up a retention slot for two season is the only positive of the allen trade
As long as he's just the back up, I'm okay with it. If they don't get a legit starter in the offseason and are going with an Allen/Schmid/Daws trio, I won't be happy.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Did everyone complain when kinkaid was traded to Columbus for a pick that was 5-6 years away?

I don't see what the big deal is with the Miller trade being a few years out.
we bought miller with a forward payment (2025 5th) and sold him for a forward payment (2026 4th). there's a chance there are more than 32 pick in between as winnpeg could start to decline before the devils.

Reactions: Guttersniped

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
If what you want is future trades for players either goalies or deadline acquisitions or whatever, rather than actually picking guys, picks farther down the line are more or less equivalent, maybe even better. Most teams would prefer a future 4th than whatever guy we drafted in the 4th round in 2024.

Let’s them pick their guy rather than just accept our guy.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Not about to get upset at the Toffoli deal; the market is the market, I'm guessing Fitz wasn't sitting on a bunch of 1st rounder offers and just turned them down so he could get a '24 3rd and '25 2nd later. Rental wingers are what they are.

The work in goal makes a lot of sense to me, and takes the day up to a solid B. Getting Allen as a backup is solid enough (been hearing some Habs fans say his underlying stats indicate he's better than his current GAA, guess we'll see), but the big score is getting out from Vitek's contract and having a bunch more available space to find a new starter in goal. Just putting yourself in that position is a win, given how desperate this situation has gotten.
those habs fans also have a harem of supermodels at home. in reality they are single pig farmers.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00