• C-

Votes: 5 1.7%
  • F

Votes: 7 2.4%

• Total voters

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Teams don’t really trade for prospects anymore. They prefer picks. And the Rangers basically do not have any 2nd or 3rd round picks for the next three years thanks to Kane, Tank, and Nemeth. The one 2nd they had they used for Wennberg. So unless they were willing to part with a 1st or a high profile prospect, they had to shop the clearance aisle.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
B. They addressed the issues that they had (at least on paper), didn't spend too much doing it and nothing more they could've realistically added on top of it. Questions can be asked, should they have been more in on the bigger names.

Not great, not terrible. We are a better team than when the week started, and I guess the important part is that we added, and didn't subtract from the roster.

H00fHearted

Jun 20, 2018
I'm torn between A- and B+ so I let my inner pessimist rule the day and settled on the lower of the two. I like all 3 players they got and they all fill glaring needs. I hate the way the Rangers usually give away picks like it's nothing, but this year was not too painful especially compared to the last two deadlines.

No big impact additions, but the Rangers were always going to live or die on the performance of the big stars that are already here. At least now they have a better team around them.

Row I Goon

Nov 14, 2018
It’s like we copied off the kid next to us.

IMG_9682.png

(The kid next to us)

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
Gotta be a B+. Good adds for cheap. Kept our top picks and prospects. You can only get an A if you get a real difference maker in my mind. Otherwise, I say our chances remain the same/slightly increase. I think we can beat anyone in the East, but it isn't about our adds. It starts and stops with Z, Kreider, Panarin, Fox and Igor.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
A-
added depth,
didn't move players out, didn't overspend,
gives the core, and the near-ready prospects, both more tools and the opportunity to win together

other teams don't scare me when NYR play well
and if not over-adding means an Edstrom/Othmann/Berard gets stretch-run minutes in a pinch, ok

added: The consensus needs were 3C , scoring F and D depth
Wennberg backfills Chytil,
Roslovic a more athletic up-tempo backfill for Wheeler, and
a Chad's a more seasoned, respected depth D along side Jones at 7/8

Last edited:

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
I have no idea how wennberg and rosival play, so I cannot in good conscience say whether or not they are better than wheeler/kakko and jbrod. But sight unseen id bet my life they are better than Goodrow.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
A+ didn't overpay by dealing top prospects and 1st round picks while getting good NHL depth. Wish they got a bit more of physical nasty like the Avs did.

Reactions: mas0764

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Teams don’t really trade for prospects anymore. They prefer picks. And the Rangers basically do not have any 2nd or 3rd round picks for the next three years thanks to Kane, Tank, and Nemeth. The one 2nd they had they used for Wennberg. So unless they were willing to part with a 1st or a high profile prospect, they had to shop the clearance aisle.

Odds are they will gain some draft capital back this offseason….
There will be serious questions if a few guys can go….
I don’t see why everyone thinks the next 2 years are the only and best shot.
Our farm isn’t loaded, but it’s certainly not bare either.
We have some guys that should be sure fire nhl players coming up.
A huge part of this team is 25-26 and under.
It will always be a major UFA destination should they decide to go that route….
I don’t expect Panarin to be this good next season, but I don’t expect him to fall off a cliff either.

Overall a B or C grade from me…
We kept the 1st and Kakko
Berard othmann Perreault BMB sykora even guys like Laba lamb chlmear

Overall this teams core is still pretty young….
I’m sure…. Definitely need more D and center prospects. For sure, but this team should be good for a long time still.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

Pawnee Rangers

Jan 10, 2019
B - They got useful players without giving up a lot. At the very least it gets guys out of spots they shouldn't be playing in and strengthens the 4th line, gives Lav options. Both guys can skate too, which is nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad